Just what I wanted!
Last night I went with my sister-in-law Beth to hunt for fabric. Beth is making the bedding for our crib and I first must mention that she is HANDS DOWN the absolute best seamstress/sewer (I'm so clueless, I don't even know what the proper word is) that I have ever known! She has made so many amazing things in the past, including a gorgeous quilt that she made for Chris and I for Christmas a few years ago and some really incredible baby bedding. She's just awesome and has such a talent for this (and many other things!). So, now that I have sung her praises, which I could never do enough of, here are the fabrics that we picked out for the bedding! I can't even express how perfect these are! I feel like this is EXACTLY what I was looking for, even though I wasn't really sure what I was looking for when I started -- just had a magazine picture with the colors that I really liked. After a bit of frustration -- not being able to find things that went well together -- we got on a roll and found all of this great fabric! I am sooooo in love with it! I can't stop looking at it! With this and our chocolate walls, and white trim, it is going to be my favorite room in the house...besides the fact that there will also be a sweet baby boarding in that room as well! And on a side note, I CANNOT sew, not at all, not even a little bit. To prove this, Beth had a bit of a chuckle with me last night as we were walking around and I said, "Now don't we need to pick up some STRING?" I guess this is actually called thread, but whatever! Beth, I have to say thank you, thank you, thank you! You have NO idea how much this means to us and how grateful we are to be partakers of your amazing talent! We love you!





8 Comments:
How fun and exciting! I'm with you on the NO sewing thing, so it's great that Beth is such a pro. How great to customize the bedding, that makes it so personal!! Cute!!!
Cute Cute Cute...where did you go to look. I'm taking my mom with me tomorrow to go looking for fabric for the curtains and quilts! I really like the green with the circles!
That drawer on the bottom of the crib will come in handy.. nice added touch!
I agree with you that Beth is the greatest sewer/seamstress. The quilts she made for each of my kids are still by far my favorites. And everyone always asks about them! I love the material you picked out. It's going to be so cute!
Mary
karli that is such a cute crib! i cannot wait to see it all put together.
okay, just so all of you reading know...Karli has really talked up a heap about how I sew, and now I'm feeling a little nervous...pressure, pressure, pressure...I am really excited to be a part of the baby excitement. The fabric is so fun and bright. I love it. Shopping was overwhelming at first, but I'm glad it all came together before the store closed. I had fun, and Kaitlyn had a blast with you Kar.
Cute stuff! Our crib is similar, only it's cherry - and we don't have a nice little drawer at the bottom.
I hear ya on the sewing thing. I can sew on a button and that's about it.
How exciting for you guys!!
You have QUITE THE KNACK for colors and decorating Kar. It is going to be sooooo darling when all put together. So get painting those "sticks". And as for that "sewing thing" - I recall trying to offer some instruction when you were still under my domain. Want some lessons now? Bring the string!
Post a Comment
<< Home