RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Getting Closer...

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Getting Closer...

Well, we are GETTING CLOSER to finishing the baby's room and I am getting sooo excited! We have put up the slat texture pieces on the wall and we sanded those all down. It is looking exactly like I hoped and invisioned in my mind! Thanks to my dad and Chris for all their hard work making my big ideas a reality! We will be spending the night after work tonight painting as much as we can and will hopefully be finished up by the weekend. I will be sure to post pictures of the finished room. We are anxious to be done because we picked up our crib yesterday and we are really antsy to put it together!! I can't wait! I think I will probably have to keep that door closed, though, because if I look at the baby room too much, I will not be able to handle the anxiety of when we will actually have a BABY to put in the BABY room! It has been so fun, though, getting everything ready! I sure hope that as we get closer to getting the room done, we are also GETTING CLOSER to starting our little family!


Chase was extra needy and kept getting in the way while I was trying to work last night. I felt bad not being able to spend much time with him lately. When I was finished sanding, I layed on the floor to relax for a minute and he was definitely not shy about GETTING CLOSER to me. In fact, he was pretty much laying on top of me, his face in my face, as if to say, please don't go anywhere, spend time with ME, ME, ME! It was so dang cute! By the way, I did not zoom the camera at all for this picture -- he literally was in my face the whole time! I love that boy!

And this was a picture I happened to catch while laying in bed the other night. Chase is our little guardian at night and sleeps at the foot of our bed, so when I peek my head over the side of the bed, this is what I see! I love it! And in the morning, if we aren't up when he is ready to start the day, he comes and sits THIS CLOSE next to the bed, his head just tall enough to see over the side, staring at us. Sometimes he will give a little quiet whine, just loud enough to make you peel your eyes open, to find this big wet nose and floppy ears staring right back at you. He definitely adds a lot of spice to our lives!

6 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

Hi, my name is Elisa but Camille and Emma call me Jakey. I served in Orlando too. I was just lurking on Camille's site and found your link. We just got our adoption profile on-line and our approval last month. I just wanted to let you know that I feel the same way about the excitement of getting ready for a baby. If you ever want to chat feel free to write me back. I have heard such great things about you and I'm always looking for friends that are going thru the adoption process to talk to.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Elisa said...

My email is bumbkin78@msn.com send me an email I would like to know how you made your profile so darn cute!! If you don't mind me asking. Anyway we will have to talk for sure.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

Karli the room is going to be AWESOME!! I am so impressed with how you are rolling up those sleeves and getting everything as ready as possible. Your baby will be here so soon. I can just feel it. Love you Cesky la la. Thanks for your sweet comments by the way.

6:55 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

Wow, that room is going to be amazing! I showed Emma and she's jealous. :) I get teary every time I read one of your posts where you're talking about the baby. You two will make wonderful parents!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

the room looks so good kar! i cannot wait to see the finished product, it is going to be so cute!

7:06 AM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

The room looks so cute and i can't wait to see it when it's done! You are so creative!!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones