RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Here she is!!!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Here she is!!!





Today was another element to the perfect and wonderful experience we have been having for the past few weeks! I met Jessika and her mom at the doctor's office where we were able to talk for quite awhile (of course, since you always have a wait at the doctor's office). It was soooo great to get to know both of them better and I just can't say it enough that I love them more and more each time I am able to talk and get to know more about them. Then we went back to see Dr. Wylie, who is AWESOME, by the way (so funny and soooo nice), who measured Jessika's cute stomach and then let us hear the baby's heartbeat! WOW, it was so amazing! But the best part of all was when Dr. Wylie said that she wanted to go ahead and do an ultrasound so that I could see the baby!! It was the most incredible thing ever. I mean, I saw our little girl moving, I saw the cutest nose I had ever seen, and this tiny little foot and her perfect little hand and well, let's just say that every single thing about her is perfect!! I couldn't help but shed a few tears, but mostly I was just in awe. It was AMAZING! I am so grateful to Dr. Wylie and to Jessika for letting me have that experience -- it meant the world to me! So, here are the perfect little pictures of our little girl. We can't stop staring at them! Jessika and her mom then took me out to their car where they gave me copies of the ultrasounds they had up to that point (the first one was adorable where she looked like a little peanut) and a video as well so I could share everything with Chris. He has absolutely fallen in love with this sweet baby girl -- we both have! I am so totally impressed with Jessika and what an amazing girl she is. I know I keep saying this, but gosh, if you could meet her...she's just so special! And her family has been soooo kind to us. We are so thankful for them.

And today I shared with Jessika and her mom the name that Chris and I had thought about giving to this sweet baby girl. So, since they know now, I guess we can share with everyone else too! It is going to be Kaiya Michelle (pronounced k-eye-uh, if that makes sense -- if not, ask me and I'll say it in person for ya!) We love it -- and have loved it for about 3 years now, so we are soooo excited to finally be able to give it to our girl! Another amazing day for us!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are some amazing ultrasound pics! so clear! That is wild how it all works. Congrats! I know the emtions are high but for privacy purposes it might be a good idea to not have jessikas full name posted on the website. just a thought. take care and look forward to more post.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you congrats! i Know jessika she is my best friend i love her and she is a great person I am so happy that she has picked such a wonderfull family to give her little girl to. i love the name that you have givin her. congrats again.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Chris Grover said...

thank you (whoever that was) for the tip about the having the name on our website -- smart! i hadn't thought of that, but went ahead and cropped that off.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

i am so happy you were able to go and experience this, what a wonderful opportunity.

hows the room coming?

11:21 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

thanks for introducing our newest granddaughter, KAIYA MICHELLE. It is truly amazing how this is all unfolding. "Trust in the Lord in all thy doings". How profound!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Beth & John said...

What an exciting day for all of you! We are so excited to meet beautiful little Kaiya. I'm so glad that you were able to experience the prenatal appointment. It really is a bonding moment. We are so happy for you guys! ~Beth

8:39 AM  
Blogger Elisa said...

WOW!!! What a great day! She is so cute. Jessika has picked shuch a great family to place her baby with.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Kar and Chris,
This is all sooo neat! She looks so cute already. Kar thanks for taking a moment to email me and tell me all about it, it really meant a lot. Can't wait to be home and talk about this all in person... Enjoy every minute of this -You deserve it!!

12:37 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

Those are great pics! She looks so beautiful! I love the name you've picked out and am so very excited for you guys. Do you get to attend the rest of the Dr's appointments??

12:40 PM  
Blogger Ani said...

she's perfect!!! and i love the name, so different and feminine.
enjoy every second of this amazing journey.
all the best.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Grammy said...

Once again I must get out my tissues. The sniffles are there and my heart is so full of joy for Karli and Cris. You two are in for such a glorious and wonderful journey as you await the arrival of your precious little girl. I am THRILLED for you. I will keep you and Jessika in my prayers. What fun pictures of the baby. Have lots of fun and enjoy the ride.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seeing those pictures of that cute baby keep perspective for me as I experience ground hog day over and over right now- nonstop throwing up. I feel like each day is an eternity. I am so excited for you.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

how amazing, Kar--we can't express how truly happy we are for you guys!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Kaiya makes three! What sweet pictures you were able to get from the ultrasound.

Love the name, very cute.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH GROVERS!!!! I just now got caught up on your new news!! I am SOO happy for you! I saw the banner of Kaiya coming and my heart started a thumpin'! I had to scroll down and find the first post about it all. I'm sitting here reading about this at work and I'm crying (I'm such a boob!)! Oh she is so beautiful! You guys will be GREAT parents and I can't wait to hear more about all of this! Oh what a strong and special person Jessika is- what a brave girl. OK so I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! and what a cute name and what a precious view we already have of her! Can't wait to hear more! Love you guys!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Amy D. said...

Wylie is my Dr. also and I love her!! She is seriously so great. Best of luck!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones