From the fridge to my heart -- I love these words!
There is a quote that I have had hanging on our fridge for the last 4 years that has seemed to bring a great deal of perspective to my life every time I have read it, especially on those sad days when the struggle to start our family was the hardest. It is by one of the leaders of our Church who was so wise and intelligent and spiritually connected. And I love it.
"Indeed, when we are unduly impatient with an omniscient God’s timing, we really are suggesting that we know what is best. Strange, isn’t it—we who wear wristwatches seek to counsel Him who oversees cosmic clocks and calendars." -- Neal A. Maxwell
(to read the amazing talk that this quote came from, go here)
The words are so wise and so true and are a reminder of the faith and patience that are required to trust that our kind, loving Heavenly Father can make beautiful and wonderful things out of our lives if we will let Him. AND if we will let Him do them in His own wisdom and time. It is so easy to question our lives, to wonder why things can't happen when and how we want them to. But isn't it really so much easier to turn those details over to Someone who loves us more than we can ever understand and wants to and will bless our lives consistently if we can but put our faith in Him? As we now sit on the other side of a tremendous trial (the hope and happiness side), things are much more evident to me. This time in our lives was being overseen by our Father. He always knew what He was doing, what He was preparing us for, what He wanted us to have. And after a bit of a wait, that He also knew that we needed, He is bringing this blessing into our lives in what seems to us to be very miraculous ways. It is not easy to always trust that things will work out, but who better to trust than the One who has more power and wisdom and love for His children? I love this quote a little differently now because now I am seeing how my Father's timing was perfect...and I should have never doubted that!
These are some thoughts I am having this morning. There is so much peace in my heart and so much joy and excitement for the things that our Heavenly Father has planned for our future. And when I have those moments of doubt or impatience, which we all have, I am sure I will turn back to this quote on my fridge and to this experience and I will be reminded that God is carefully crafting what is best for our lives.
I am also sooooo happy and excited today because I get to go with Jessika and her mom to hear this sweet baby girl's heartbeat for the first time! I can't wait!
"Indeed, when we are unduly impatient with an omniscient God’s timing, we really are suggesting that we know what is best. Strange, isn’t it—we who wear wristwatches seek to counsel Him who oversees cosmic clocks and calendars." -- Neal A. Maxwell
(to read the amazing talk that this quote came from, go here)
The words are so wise and so true and are a reminder of the faith and patience that are required to trust that our kind, loving Heavenly Father can make beautiful and wonderful things out of our lives if we will let Him. AND if we will let Him do them in His own wisdom and time. It is so easy to question our lives, to wonder why things can't happen when and how we want them to. But isn't it really so much easier to turn those details over to Someone who loves us more than we can ever understand and wants to and will bless our lives consistently if we can but put our faith in Him? As we now sit on the other side of a tremendous trial (the hope and happiness side), things are much more evident to me. This time in our lives was being overseen by our Father. He always knew what He was doing, what He was preparing us for, what He wanted us to have. And after a bit of a wait, that He also knew that we needed, He is bringing this blessing into our lives in what seems to us to be very miraculous ways. It is not easy to always trust that things will work out, but who better to trust than the One who has more power and wisdom and love for His children? I love this quote a little differently now because now I am seeing how my Father's timing was perfect...and I should have never doubted that!
These are some thoughts I am having this morning. There is so much peace in my heart and so much joy and excitement for the things that our Heavenly Father has planned for our future. And when I have those moments of doubt or impatience, which we all have, I am sure I will turn back to this quote on my fridge and to this experience and I will be reminded that God is carefully crafting what is best for our lives.
I am also sooooo happy and excited today because I get to go with Jessika and her mom to hear this sweet baby girl's heartbeat for the first time! I can't wait!





5 Comments:
your "first" doctors appointment certainly takes on a different meaning today. What an exciting and blessed time this is for you and Chris. Can't wait to hear how it went. pitter-pat, pitter-pat
I am so excited for you! You have to let me know what it is like to hear the baby's heartbeat...I have listened to many, but none of people I knew so I imagine it must be different! Love you!
I can't wait to read your post after you experience that first doctor's appointment. It's an amazing experience and it makes reality set in even more. :)
I am so happy for you and I feel the Spirit with every post. Thank you for bringing peace into a semi-hectic day! :)
What a great quote, I love the quotes that really SPEAK to you, and that's how that felt to me, thanks for posting it. I hope all went well today, I can't wait to chat! MIss you!
can't say it enough - i'm thrilled for you guys!!!!
hope your first dr's appointment went great.
Post a Comment
<< Home