RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Bits and pieces...

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Bits and pieces...

Here are some bits and pieces of things we've been up to lately.

Last Friday was graduation day at UVSC and it was a really nice day. I always feel this weird sense of pride for those students that I've had the chance to work with through their education -- almost like I'm a proud parent or something. It's always neat to see them successfully finish this phase of their lives and move on to bigger, better things! And it's always a really great time of year to gather with the wonderful people that I work with. Here are just a few of these great people!

(Bill, Kerri, Kristine, Kellie, Sam, Cathy, Vadra, and me)

Our house faces the west, which makes for some pretty hot afternoon/evenings in the summer in our bedroom. But it also makes for this gorgeous view nearly every day. I thought I better stop taking that for granted and get a snap of these gorgeous sunsets right outside my window!

What would we do without this sweet boy in our lives? Friday night, after getting started on some pretty heavy spring cleaning, we decided to completely veg out and Chase joined us. He was so snuggly (I so love when he's in those moods) and just crawled right into my lap. Yeah, he's big, but who cares -- I love to have him cuddle!

Saturday we forged on with our spring cleaning and seriously did not stop from about 8:30 a.m. to about 9:00 p.m. It was just one project after another. We were exhausted, but the satisfied kind of exhausted where you know you accomplished a lot of really good things! Here are just of the few projects we finished -- and I definitely think these are the best ones!

First is the crib, which I LOVE! Great job, sweetie!


And we also finished our baby room! Here are the befores and afters:
(dad working in the early stages of the room)
And then it turned into this!!


It turned out just the way I imagined in my head, thanks to my hot handyman and my talented dad! It's all ready for baby Kaiya!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If you can believe I have put the crib together and taken down with each child. That is definitely not one of Ryans strong points! It looks great.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

well pretty awesome you two!! I can't wait to see it in person. You certainly have a decorating talent dear girl!! see you this afternoon

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bedroom looks great, and I LOVE the crib. This site is a new stop on my daily internet route! I really need to get a website. Love it!

11:01 AM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

You did an amazing job on the baby room! Your so talented. It was fun to see all of you yesterday...I think we need to do lunch soon!!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

i keep meaning to say that it looks so transformed and cute! and that your hair looks really cute!! :-)

9:10 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

it looks so cute, i love the brown!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones