Back to Bloggin'
Wow, it has just been so busy lately for us -- but definitely GOOD busy! We have had a lot of company and a lot of fun! And to be honest, it has been kinda nice to just check other people's blogs and take a break from my own! I worry if I fall into that trap, though, my little journal here will quickly take a backseat, and I don't want that to happen. So, here's my attempt at an update from the last few weeks or so!
Last week my mom and her friend from Tahoe came and stayed with us for a few days and we all were able to attend Women's Conference together at BYU. It was UH-MAZING!! Honestly, what a great opportunity to have my cup filled with the really important things that matter in life. It was a great chance to gain perspective and just realize how wonderful it is to be a woman and to be a daughter of God. Plus, it was really special to be able to be there with my mom and to appreciate what a wonderful example of a Christlike woman she has always been to me. We were also able to meet up with some of my favorite people that I NEVER get to see. We met my aunt Shirley (certainly one of my favorite aunts) from Canada for dinner and were able to see and talk to our friend for MANY years, Karla. It was so great!
A few days later, my sister-in-law, Debbie and my 3 nephews pulled into town after a long drive from California! We had a lot of fun having them visit and were so lucky that they were able to stay with us! We love them so much and just ADORE those little boys! And of course, Debbie and I were able to get in one of our usual up-all-night talks, which I always love!
Lukey and Ky checking out Chase (where it's safe behind the dog door!)
A new friend?
The boys just love Chris -- they were pretty excited when he came walking through the door! I think Luke gets a little confused because this guy sure looks a lot like someone he knows ("Is that my dad?!")
Lukey gives some good, BIG kisses!
Typical boys, right? Love it!
We were also able to have our niece, Katie, and nephew, Colby, over for a fun night this week while mom and dad went to a class. We went to the park and just had fun hanging out together. They are moving really soon, and well, let's just say we are going to be more than bummed to see them move so far away. Chris and I get choked up whenever we even think about it. We love them all so much!
I love this picture. Colby was dancing with his shadow and it was the cutest thing. I just love him!
Katie and I sat on the swing together all night! It was sweet!
Colby and his buddy, uncle Chris
Don't you love the pig-tails?! Katie is just too cute!
Ok, I am nominating for the Best Laugh Award -- seriously, how cute is her giggle?! And look how Chase is just following her like, "hmmm, I'm not sure what to do, so I'll just watch".
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
And I had to throw this one in, well, just because it is so dang cute!
So, it has been an eventful week for us, but so great to be able to spend good time with our family and friends. And tonight, we get to meet Jessika and her parents for dinner, which will be GREAT! I can't wait to see them again!
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
And I had to throw this one in, well, just because it is so dang cute!





8 Comments:
sounds like you guys had a great week! It was so fun to hang out last night and meet Deb, she's very cool... I can see why you guys have so much fun together!! Have fun tonight with Jessika and her family! And if I don't see you have a GREAT mothers day!!!
yea-women's conference was soooo awesome and to be able to spend it with you made it the BEST. I agree with the need to return to blogging. I too have been way to busy and need to get back to it. Tks for the inspritation.
we had so much fun with you guys and what a treat it was to meet ashley and ryan. you are so lucky to have them as friends and neighbors. now if only i could get on her list to check her site:)
hope you have a great mothers day!
i forgot to tell you how much i love that picture of colby dancing with his shadow, so cute!
Hey guys:) I'm so glad that we have been able to spend more time with you over the last while. We love to be with you and the kids are always asking about you. We are excited for the new adventures that are ahead of all of us but will be so sad to be farther away. We will miss being able to just drive down the street to see you. Or call you if we needed anything. We love you so much. It's great to have such wonderful friends that we also call family. We love you! Happy mother's day.
Beth
I was sad I was too sick to go to womens conference this year. I love that.
Hey Kar--sounds like you have had a busy week! I am glad you are getting to spend time with the people you love but don't get to see as often as you would like...and I can only imagine how great it must be to have your parents so close!
Miss you! And I am loving the bangs, by the way!
thanks for the fun update. as always, very cute pics! kaiya will have lots of fun cousins to welcome her into the family! hope you had a fun dinner with jessika!
Jamie
Post a Comment
<< Home