RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: A whole lotta girl and a pagaent too!

Monday, June 18, 2007

A whole lotta girl and a pagaent too!

It was such a fun weekend because I got in some major girl time with some real cuties! My best friend, Jamie (from California), who I grew up with, came into town and made a stop to hang out. She also brought along her cute sister, Lindy (who is 3 weeks away from having a baby, mind you -- what a BRAVE girl to travel that far!), Jamie's three little girls, and Lindy's one little girl. (Are you keeping up? Well, there's more!) And as a HUGE bonus, I also got to see my old roomate, Tiffany, from when I lived in Hawaii! We haven't seen each other for a few years and she recently adopted a beautiful little girl from China, who I got to meet for the first time! So, yeah, all together there was 4 adult women, and 5 sweet little ones(6 counting Lindy's almost toasty bun in the oven)! That's a whole lotta girl!! We really had such a great time catching up and talking! I am pretty amazed at what good mommies they all are and how sweet their kids are! I honestly could not get enough of all the cuteness around me! At one point, I just had to stop and kinda freak out cause it was seriously CUTE overload! I'm soooo glad everyone was able to get together and that we could spend time with each other! Here are some memories from our day!
Here is Jamie's newest addition, baby Peyton (who smiles bigger and happier than anyone I've ever seen!) And here is Tiff's little girl, Eliza (she has such an infectious personality -- it oozes out of her!)
This is Jordyn, Jamie's oldest little girl (gorgeous hair and has a REAL talent for photography!)
Jamie's middle girl, Lexi (she pretty much oozes sweetness and is really independent!)
And here's Lyric, Lindy's little girl (a real charmer, who is picture perfect ready whenever the camera comes out!)
Cute Tiff and her cutie bug, miss Eliza!
All the girls (minus Lyric)
Chase was VERY intersted in Pey's bottle and she, luckily was VERY interested in him!
Pey loved Chase -- Jamie says she laughs hysterically whenever she is around dogs! So cute!
Don't you just wanna smooch those arms?! Ohh the cuteness!!
Jamie and I
Jamie lovin PeytonEliza, Tiff, and I
Later that night we got to go out to Manti to attend the Manti Pagaent. It was AWESOME! It is the most perfect scene, sitting under the stars, in the warm summer air, watching the neatest show, with the beautiful Manti temple as a backdrop. We met Jessika and her family there and had a great time, as always, with them! We always do lots of laughing and just have so much fun when we are together. Chris' sister Annie also came with us, which was a great treat!
Jess and I
Annie and Chris

Then on Father's Day we enjoyed a YUMMY dinner with Ry and Ash and Britt and Ryley. We grilled up some good steaks, twice-baked potatoes, rolls, salad, and ice-cream cake for dessert. MMMMM!

What a GREAT weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I love the Manti Temple. That's where Davey and I were married. Gorgeous I say. It looks like you had a wonderful weekend.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

kar, thanks again for the get-together. it is never enough time. but i loved it!!!

jamie

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel terrible. I slept through the pageant the only time I went to see it. Its that guilt that made me propose at and get married in that temple (different days).

1:28 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

What a fun weekend!

I thought that Jamie looked familiar. I remember watching her wedding video with you when we were on the mission - I'm sure it was on a P-Day, of course. :) I remember thinking how pretty she was and you said something like: "I love it because she just looks so happy and it makes me happy to see my best friend so in-love and happy." Crazy how time flies...

8:36 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Karli, it has been so fun to hear updates about you over the years from Jaime, and lately I have checked up on you, your family, and Katie when I would check Jamie's blog and had some extra time to brouse others. You and your sister are still so beautiful! I always felt more like Jamie's cousin since our families have been so close our whole lives, and loved how you, your family, and Katie always treated me as such on my visits. Thanks for your comment on my blog, anyone who has been to Asia should check out engrish.com. Aside from the excess asvertising, the engrish photos are hilarious. Good luck with the baby, I'm so happy for you!!!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones