Weekend in Review
Well, back to Monday morning (blah), with some pretty fun memories from the weekend! And does it seem to anyone else like time is seriously FLYING by? I can hardly believe how quickly the summer is going by! Anyway, on Friday night we had the wonderful opportunity of getting together with some of our family's oldest and closest friends. Bob and Becky Cox have been called to be Mission President and wife in Mexico and will be leaving on Thursday to begin this amazing new journey in their lives. With all their kids in town, we were able to get together with everyone, including some of our other oldest and closest friends, Karla, , Katie, Julie and Becca. It was such a FUN night hanging out together and catching up on each other's lives. It felt just like old times! We are REALLY going to miss Bob and Becky, but are so excited for the wonderful experiences that we know they will have and so grateful for all of these many, many years of friendship. Chris and I spent the night at my parents house that night and the next morning we had a delicious brunch with the Cox family. We also helped Chris celebrate his birthday with some interesting and appropriate gifts -- good job, mom and dad! Very creative! Chris had a lot of fun!
Some of the gang having dinner
I got the best seat of the night -- holding little Ashkii
A poor victim of the mutton racing! It is the most hilarious thing to watch -- and the kids seem to have a blast! At the rodo with the real reason we go every year -- the famous strawberries and cream!
Ride 'em cowboy
Who ever came up with this idea?
And there went our weekend! We'll be looking forward to another one in about 5 days!





4 Comments:
I see Chris didn't wear his birthday hat to the rodeo. It's probably better that he didn't. We will definitely have to try the strawberries and cream!
Sounds so fun! Ry and I really need to go to that rodeo sometime. By the way, Chris really should wear that hat and those glasses/nose more often, it's a good look for him :)
I love myself a good rodeo. Davey and I go to the Fiesta Days rodeo in Spanish Fork every year. It is right around my birthday so I look forward to it so much. Yeeehaaww!
wish we could have been there for all of the celebrations. it looks like you guys had a great weekend. happy b-lated bday chris!
Post a Comment
<< Home