Closer...closer...YES, CLOSER!!!!
Sooo, I went with dear, sweet Jessika to her appointment yesterday and it was sooo good to see her! (And Melanie, and Kendall, and Breanne). I had missed the appointment the week we were in Cali, which was a bummer, so it was nice to be able to go and see Jessika and hear our little girl's heart beating away! Jessika had started collecting predictions on birth date, weight and length, so Chris and I added our guesses. Interestingly, we both chose the 17th as the due date and 7 1/2 lbs as her weight. So, we'll see if we are having some sort of parent intuition here!
Anyway, Jessika mentioned that she had felt some cramping on Friday and thought it might be some contractions. So, when Donna checked her out, sure enough she was already starting to dialate!!! She's not very far along, but enough so that Donna thought her due date was looking more like the 15th-ish (original due date was the 20th). I'm starting to think it could be even earlier than that!! YIKES! So, I think I am going to get some super glue and attach my phone to my hand and be on pins and needles for the next few weeks! I couldn't sleep last night because I had so many butterflies in my stomach!! That is less than 2 weeks away! I still feel like there is so much to do -- finish her room, buy some more necessities (shoot, I don't even have diapers and formula yet!), and somehow try to mentally prepare myself to be a mom! But mostly, I just want to savor these moments of anticipation and excitement and fear and wonder! Because soon, life will never be the same!!
So, as the time fast approaches, do any of you want to add your predictions on when our little girl will get here, her weight, length, hair color, etc? What do you think? And please no predictions for her to come today -- I think I would have a heart attack!





22 Comments:
Okay...my two cents. I guess the 16th since that would still make Kody & Kaiya a month apart. She'll weigh 7lbs 11ozs and 19 1/2 inches. Can't hardly wait to see her! Do you know what formula you'll be using?? I have a bunch of similac $5 off checks. You're welcome to them.
Ooooh, I love these guessing games!
I'll go with OUR lucky numbers: Aug. 11, 7lbs 3oz, 20 inches. That's my handsome's boy birthdate and measurements. He'll be 2 next week... How time flies!
He did really well on Similac Advanced and the Costco/Kirkland brand.
Enjoy your sleep these next few days. There's nothing as wonderful and exhausting as having a newborn in your home :)
hmm ok here is my guess
12th and 6 lbs 10ozs
and could you email me your home addy
I want sent a little something from Australia
chelley@gmail.com
Oh, how exciting! I wish you guys luck. I wanted to ask you about your mission you mentioned in your last post. My brother also served in Scotland, so I thought I would see when and where you served. He served in Edinburgh from 1996-1998.
sooo exciting.....can't wait for her to come!
I am totally jealous of Jessika that she is due so soon, I guess 7wks left isn't that bad. Interested to see how everything pans out. Can't wait to see what she looks like.
What a fun and exciting time! It's been fun to read about your journey to motherhood! It's going to be here before you know it! Jill
Kar, it does not seem possible that it's THAT soon!!!!!! Oh my freakin' gosh. OKay, so yeah, diapers are good to buy! Ha ha! Just don't stock up TOOOO much on the newborn size....they don't seem to last very long.
And, wow, I'm bad at guessing. But I'll guess Aug 15th 6lbs 12oz. And should we GUESS red hair? At least strawberry blonde?! ha ha
love ya,
jamie
Eee! I keep thinking about you guys and how your girl is arriving any day now (with a tinge of jealousy, even though our due dates are nearly identical). I am guessing August 16th, and that little Kaiya will be 6 lbs 15 oz and 19.5" long. I think she will have a little bit of strawberry hair.
Have fun with your last few days! I am so excited for your wait to be done!
August 11th
7 lbs 5oz
18 inches
And this is so exciting!
OMG! we are so excited for you guys. i am really bad at guessing but i say aug 15th, 6 lbs 13 oz, 19 1/2 inches. it would be awesome if she had redish hair. i cannot wait to meet her!
You are as ready as I think you can be, pretty much (as long as you have some diapers).
16 is a lucky # in our family, so I'm guessing she's coming on August 16th and will weigh 7lbs.
6 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long. However she comes and in what size, she is going to be soo loved!
My guess...
August 14
7 lbs. 9 oz.
19 1/2 inches
healthy, strong, and loved!
So, can I do anything to help you get ready?
That is so exciting I was waiting for a Jessika update.
Well my prediction is the 12th around 11:30pm 7lbs 6ozs. 18" long.
I'm so excited for ya'll. I have a little gift for you but it looks like we are going to have to wait until after she comes to get together. Time is going by so fast I can't believe it. Hopefuly soon we will be able to get excited over our baby comming to us.
Oh my gosh, I am SO excited for you! I have butterflies too!
Just a suggestion: We use the Similac Advanced Formula (although, it's like $22 a pop, so I would get the similar Costco brand).
My guess (we'll use Emma's measurements): Aug 13th in the P.M. 7lbs 5 oz 18 1/2" long....
yeahhh! We're so excited for you guys! I can't believe how fast this has all happened. Ummm I'm going to guess Aug. 16th 7lbs, 14 oz. 19 inches long (those were Ryley's measurements, not too creative, but you never know) :). Can't wait to play again soon... we miss you guys!
Sooo exciting! Can't wait to see her, since she is an honorary blog member already. Love the picture of you and your hubby in the last post by the way. Please frame asap.
How about my birthday! Aug. 13th!
6lbs 13 oz 20 1/2 in! :)
We're so excited for you guys... I hope to see her on the blog since we'll be gone the 15th. Good luck!
o.k.--I love reading all the predictions -- so here is mine.
Aug. 14, 6lbs. 13 oz. and 19 in. with strawberry blond hair-and a cute little pug nose and brown eyes. by he way, I thought you her name is spelled Kaiya--no?
Our predictions are:
John's: August 10th
Beth's: August 12th, 7 lbs 3 oz. We have no idea on what's average for length since ours were mini's...all we know is you don't want her to be 11 inches like Colby.
Soooooo soon. It's crazy exciting. Try to sleep now, because you won't get to later!
Kar, I'm not going to make any guesses about dates or weights. However, I do have one question: I mean seriously, are you really going to buy formula? Don't you have a bunch of doners for mother's milk?? JUST KIDDING!!!
Truly, I am so excited for you. It will be here before you know it. Then you will have a beautiful, soft, sweet baby girl to hold in those longing arms of yours! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Post a Comment
<< Home