Bits and Pieces
Last weekend was a lot of fun! Maybe minus the hours we spent weeding in our yard, when my legs turned into jello from squatting for so long. Oh little weeds, why do you torment us so?! So, taking away that part of the weekend, everything else was GREAT! We went to the drive-in up in Salt Lake with some friends and saw Evan Almighty. A tad bit cheesy, but I couldn't complain because when the movie ended we actually felt good and not like we needed to go take a cold shower to remove the filth -- no swearing, no violence, no raciness, etc. I did keep wanting "Michael" from The Office to look into the camera and start talking about what a good boss he is, though! The next night, Chris and I had such a great date! I had bought him tickets to the play "Les Miserables" for his birthday, but the earliest tickets I could get were for 3 weeks after his actual birthday. I told him he was one lucky guy cause we celebrated his special day for all this time! Anyway, the play was SPECTACULAR!! I had seen it a few times when I was younger and had always marked it as one of my favorites. Chris had never seen it, but has listened to and loved the music for a long time. And it did NOT disappoint! It was so beautiful! Brought the chills and the goosebumps and even a couple of brimming tears at a few spots. The cast was amazing! And the best part was that Chris LOVED it!! I'm so glad we got to see that together!
Last week I also finished my photography class. It was a good introductory class and I feel like I learned some good basics. I wish I could carry my teacher around in my camera bag for awhile so I can ask him my 8 billion questions that I seem to come up with AFTER class is over and he's not around!
I think the biggest key for me now is that I have just got to practice, practice, practice. I need to start getting over my fears of experimenting with my camera and really seeing what it can do. I have also decided that I HAVE to get Photoshop. (Yes, can you believe I still live in the Ice Age and do not have Photoshop?!) So, it's time to start saving my pretty pennies so I can hopefully purchase this sometime in the near future. It's hard to purchase expensive software when you've just spent so much on the camera! Anyway, here are some pics that I did for homework for my class.





16 Comments:
I know how you feel, I need to take some classes to brush up on pottery and ceramics, but it's intimidating, (and expensive for equipment), but practice is the key! Good for you, you will be so glad in the long run that you are working on your talents now and not letting them go to waste, you really are talented. :)
I love the pictures on the trail! I didn't know you were into photography. That's awesome! You really do have an eye for it!
Very interesting shots. Strong work. Maybe you could do some photo shoots and make some dough for PS?
(PS is short for "photoshop.")
I think the photos look great! You're very talented at whatever you pursue, though.
You and Chris always seem like you have the best time together...and go out on the best dates. Am I the only one who has never seen Les Miserables? I'd better get on that!
P.S. I can't believe you only have 41 days left until Kaiya! How exciting!!!
Pics look great! I think your class paid off. Let's get together soon...
I love the Office so much, I love Les Mis so much and I love your pics. I also love photoshop SO much, but it is not initially user friendly at all. You need someone to show you around - come visit me and I'll teach you what I know! You better dive in before Kaiya is here because....well, life doesn't stop after kids....but they don't love when you're on the computer! ha
love- jme
I love the pics on the trail too. Especially the one with the sun shining through the trees. Gorgeous. I like all of them though, you do an awesome job!
The picture of the trail is amazing! It's so fun to play around with shot's isn't it- thank goodness for digital and not having to pay for film!!
My favorite picture is the road through the trees. That is gorgeous!! Well done.
Karli, your pictures are beautiful! You obviously have the gift! You are going to love photoshop too! It makes taking the pictures so much more fun!
I am glad you guys had a wonderful weekend!!
Such great pictures. You are a natural and you can practice on my kids any day! I have seen photo shop on ebay for pretty reasonable prices.
Weeds? Thats all I read on your post and I had to stop. We've had our fair share and then some of those ugly photosynthesizers!
Then I came back later, read the rest and decided, "Those are some pretty nice pictures." Then I thought, "Pictures and photos are what I call them. What does a professional call them?" And I answered myself, a little unsure, "Images, shots?"
I'm glad that you had fun in the photography class. You do such a good job. After my class, it's been hard to get out and practice...mostly I just use Lucas and he hates his picture taken!! I have Photoshop Elements 5.0 (latest version) and bought it for 70 at Costco. Although I would have loved the other...it was definetly out of my price range. It works wonderfully and is much more user friendly. There are some things that it won't do, but if you never have the original, you never know the difference! Plus there are lots of book on how to use it and make your pictures look good (hint). Ok...That was extremely long!
I love your pictures... Awesome shots... I need to upgrade to photoshop too..i've been using the microsoft digital imagemaker..but It's probably not as good as photoshop... You have a great eye...also I have to say I keep looking at your baby ticker..How exciting. only a couple of more weeks... :)
Karli, your pics look awesome. No joke. That's so cool that you took Chris to Les Miserables. Love that Eponine. Finally...can't wait for that baby baby baby!!!
Karli,
My advice is to download the free trial of Photoshop they give out on Adobe.com for 30 days and try to learn as much as you can as you earn money to buy it. It's super complicated and will give you a head start.
But yah, you're right, these days it's like you can't be a photog without PS, everyone does it.
Then, when you get it, you can't live without it!!!
Chin up :)
Post a Comment
<< Home