Well, I guess I should apologize about the gazillion "baby is coming" posts lately, but honestly what else is there for me to think about or talk about? Nothing else seems quite as important lately! Right now I think it is literally impossible for my mind to be on anything else! By the way, we talked to Jessika last night and she was having some crazy contractions and we thought we might be having a baby last night, but there were no phone calls, so we're still waiting on pins and needles!
In the meantime, we have started showering and it has been sooo great! My mom and Ash, along with Chris' mom and my sister, Britt, put together the funnest shower last night. They did such a great job and I just can't say enough how thankful I am! I will just post a few pics, but it was a wonderful and fun night and soooo great to see friends and family. I have to say that for me, it is quite a humbling thing to feel so much love and support from so many wonderful people. The gifts were all amazing and cute and more than I could have ever asked for, and the relationships mean even more. Thanks sooooooo much (times a million) to everyone!
My cute mom made this ADORABLY creative "cake" out of diapers and all kinds of baby goods! It was honestly the cutest thing I've ever seen! Thanks, mom!
This is the only picture that was taken of Ash, but I wanted to thank her so much too for everything and for letting us all invade her house! This is she and Danielle designing bibs for Kaiya!
Me with my two moms and lots of good friends and family and adorable little ones!
And I have been meaning to post some pics of the baby room since several of you have asked, but considering that Chris and I just finished it this last weekend, this is the soonest I could get any pics on here. Sorry, they aren't great pictures, but I was just too tired last night to really try very hard! I do have to post a million pics of the bedding that my sis-in-law, Beth, made. It is what the entire room was based around and there is no way to even describe how in love I am with every detail of what Beth created. I go in there on a daily basis just to drool over it again and again! I could not have even imagined it turning out more perfectly. She is talented beyond belief! The bumper, the skirt, the quilt, and the adorable pillow -- it's all just amazing! And guys, she MADE this! WOW! Beth, I will say it for the millionth time, I LOVE it and will never be able to thank you enough! So, here it is -- it went from this (a crazy assortment of fabrics that I could somehow see coming together in my mind):
to this:
And here's the finished room, give or take a few details that I am finishing up (sorry the pictures are kinda dark)


I gave Gilbert a bow cause he needed to be a girl, and have now changed his name to Gilberta! Sex changes are easy with stuffed animals!
Another picture of my mom's adorable cake!
The hand-stitched pillow from Beth -- amazing!


I know Kaiya will love it! And we do too!
17 Comments:
The baby room is beautiful! At least when we were adopting we had the court date and knew when the day was going to happen that they would be ours. I can't imagine just waiting for that phone call.
You are going to be an amazing mom-What a blessing to all of you that God led you all together!
Cheri
That room looks amazing! I LOVE the colors and the bedding. There were so many talented people at that shower last night. Thanks again for inviting me. I know you were embarrassed, but you looked so pretty sitting up there opening your gifts (and I must say, your friends/family have amazing taste).
I know that my gift of diapers pale in comparison to the adorable clothes you received, but you're gonna need 'em. :) I'm so happy for you!
Love ya,
Nat
Hey Kar,
I am so sorry that I missed the shower. It looks like you guys had such a great time! I just LOVE the Nursery!! We love you guys!
I am glad I could come and help
(a little).
Kaiya's room is soo cute! I love the colors and creativity.
Love ya and can't wait for her to come. Keep me posted!!!
I'm so glad you had fun at the shower... minus a few awkward moments that are bound to happen at those things :) By the way... that's a pretty sweet picture of me, maybe I can get it blown up!!! j/k. Sounds like you had even more excitement after the shower (ie: talking to jess). Keep us posted!!!
sorry i could not drop by for the shower, wish i could have been there.
kaiya's room is adorable and beth is AMAZING!
keep us posted - love ya!
What a beautiful baby room. Its so happy and bright! Our kidlet has the Fisher Price birdies in his crib - even at age 2 its such a great music gadget.
Hope your little one comes soon.
wow, Kar--the room looks amazing! And props to your friend Beth 'cause the bedding is just perfect--I love that it isn't "too" girly, you know?
I can only imagine how excited you must be, and how hard it is to just wait for THE phone call...my stomach turns just thinking about it, and I am 2,000 miles away! =) Can't wait to hear the news...
First of all, I wish I could have come to that shower SO BAD. It is such a tribute to you and Chris and the love everyone has for you and this sweet little baby who is coming so SOON!
Second, that room is so YOU. Which is great! I love it and can't believe what she transformed all that material into! So great!!!
By the way, do you have a "coming home" outfit for Kaiya?? Just curious if you do, and if you do what it looks like? :-)
Jme
Kar & Chris,
Little Baby Kaiya's room is so amazing!
Jessika and i loved it so much.
Jessika feels so at peace with her room and your home.
by the way it's so cute.
I saw that Jamie asked if you have something for Kaiya to come home in.
Jessika has a little outfit for her to place with you and chris.
If you have something else that is ok with us.
we love you two so much!!
hope she comes soon love
Mel & Jessika
I just have to say that the nursery is so beautiful. I love the contrast with the chocolate walls and the beautiful bedding. What an exciting time!!! I can't wait to read the updates.
Everything looks great- it made me want to get on the ball about Luka's crib accessories that I am going to try and make. I am so sorry I missed the shower- I have been a little sicker lately. Probably all the stress in our lives lately. I love you so much though and am so excited to come see that cute baby:)
Katie
It was so good to see you again at the shower. Thanks for inviting me. You got so many cute things...Kaiya is one loved little girl. Keep us posted with any new developments!! Love ya.
Her room is adorable! I wish I could have made it to the shower, but Adelaide and I have been sick. She has had a fever for 5 days and I something else. I'm glad you had a great time, showers are so fun!
That is one of the cutest baby rooms I have seen Karli! Love the colors and combinations you chose. Baby showers are so much fun! I'm excited for you!
I'm so glad you liked the finished product. It's always hard to see how something will look when you just have the fabric in front of you. Thank you for letting me be a part of this exciting time! It was so good to see you guys and be able to visit before we left. Thank you for spending time with us and even on your anniversary! We love you so much!
Beth
The babys room is so cute...How are things going??? No baby yet??We are keeping your family in our prayers... I bet you guys are so excited... We cant wait..
Mark and Tina
Post a Comment
<< Home