RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Day 2...and so many emotions!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Day 2...and so many emotions!

Well, it's almost midnight and although I feel like I may need to reach for some toothpicks to hold my eyelids open, I can't seem to sleep. I know, I know, I should be getting as much sleep as I can on this last night, but all I can think about is that tomorrow morning, we are finally bringing our baby girl home. Today, all the paperwork was signed (what an emotional experience for everyone) and tomorrow Kaiya will take her first car-ride home to meet Chase, to swing in her swing, to be held and cuddled non-stop, to meet new visitors, and to feel the endless flow of love from her mommy and daddy. I can't stop thinking about what tomorrow will bring, and I also can't stop thinking about Jessika. She is an angel in our lives and while my happiness is overflowing, I have such tender and sensitive feelings for all that she has and will go through. What can be said about someone so selfless and kind and amazing? I love her with all my heart.

I need to get some sleep now, but will leave you with a few more pictures of sweet Kaiya. I can't get enough of her -- WE'RE totally smitten! Do you think she will have daddy wrapped around her finger?

Precious, tiny feet Good job feeding, daddy Grandma and Grandpa Grover meet their grandaughter for the first time

Grandma and Grandpa Asplund with their new addition

Our little angel

18 Comments:

Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

I figure what better time than the middle of the night to leave a message. It may not be the phone, but still...CONGRATULATIONS! She is absolutely beautiful and so sweet. Jessika is such an angel and a blessing. Such cute pictures.

(I'm not up by my own free will and choice!!)

2:50 AM  
Blogger Chelley said...

I want to wish you all the bests for bringing you little one home... You will find that the drive with be like no other you have ever had!

Make sure not to get booked for driving too slow or turning the conner too slow!!!

take you frist few days very slowly and take it easy as much as you can you are going to need it!!

Sleep when bubs sleeps!!

3:39 AM  
Blogger Ani said...

I'll say it again - she's just beautiful. CONGRATULATIONS.

The first weeks are tough, so go easy on yourselves and just enjoy your daughter. I remember thinking, somewhere around day 5, "what did I get myself into????" :)

5:32 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

She looks like sweet perfection! I know you have been warned about the first few weeks, but it seems like you are overflowing with support, what a blessing! I think you are going to adjust wonderfuly and you have an endless supply of wisdom from experienced friends to draw upon. Lucky mommy, your going to do great!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

She is so gorgeous, again. I am so excited for you to be able to bring her home today! I can't even imagine everything you guys and Jessika's family have gone through since she's been born. What a sacrifice and what a blessing at the same time. You guys will be amazing parents and she is such a lucky girl to have you. And vice versa. Congrats!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Eliza2006 said...

Nothing like a good morning cry. Very emotional stuff. This is the greatest gift one can give or receive. There are no words to describe it.
Enjoy your brand new baby girl! Welcome home Kaiya!

Tiffany

7:21 AM  
Blogger Mugs said...

She is such a pretty baby!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations.

8:29 AM  
Blogger britt said...

She looks like such a precious little girl. I can hardly wait until tomorrow to see her! Good luck on your first day home!!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Beth & John said...

It was good to visit with you yesterday even though I knew you were way involved in the day's happenings and emotions. We are glad everyhing went well. We're so happy for the three of you. We love you, and we have such admiration for Jessika. We love her and we don't even know her. Congratulations to all of you. Thank you for all the wonderful updates and pictures. What a precious and sweet little baby.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Cyndi said...

Congratulations you guys!! She is so cute!!!! Kaiya is also such a beautiful name. We are so excited for you! We're so glad that you were blessed with her because you will be great parents! What a lucky girl Kaiya is to have you!
-The Jordans (Ben & Cyndi)

10:59 AM  
Blogger Eliza2006 said...

I'm back again to say I can't stop looking at her. She really is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen (and I look at a beautiful baby every day, so I know)! Looks like Eliza and I will have to make a trip to Provo soon! We'll give you a couple of weeks, but after that watch out! :)

Tiffany

11:45 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

What a beautiful little girl! My little Emma-keeps crawling up to the laptop to take a closer look at her new, soon-to-be friend. :) When I played the video below and heard sweet Kaiya, Emma was smiling and cooing at the computer screen. :)

We are so very happy for you and your new addition. You will be wonderful parents.

You're right - Jessika is amazing. Sometimes I wonder if I could be that strong. She made the right choice with you and Chris.

Welcome Home, Kaiya!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oh, I really can't get enough of her.

What an amazing few days you've had. I can't stop thinking about Jessika and what an enormous blessing she has been to you both. I hope that she and her family know that they are being prayed for often.

Kaiya is even more beautiful in person, and sweet as can be. You guys are going to have to ban us from your house... we love her already!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Emily Baiamonte said...

YAYYY!!! I am so excited for you guys. I have been checking your blog more often than I check my email ;)

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so so excited for you, she is the most adorable baby. I have never seen a cuter newborn! So cute!!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

She's BEAUTIFUL! Jill

4:57 PM  
Blogger Amy D. said...

Oh Karli...we are out of town and I just thought to check your blog to see if that sweet thing had joined you yet. SHE IS A DOLL!!! I do not give out those compliments to newborns often. She is beautiful. Congrats on the happy news.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones