Welcome home, lovely!
She's home, she's REALLY home! It feels like we're still in a big dream, but Kaiya's presence is finally everywhere inside the walls of our home!
Today was probably, no DEFINITELY, the most intense, emotional experience I have ever had in my entire life. There is no way to adequately describe what it was like to be with Jessika and her family as they said their good-bye's to sweet Kaiya. I will never forget the feeling in the room, the hurt and heartache in their faces, and the tenderness with which they gave their kisses and cuddles to this baby angel. Every ounce of my body wanted to run out of the room because it was almost more than I could bear. I realized today that with extreme love also comes extreme hurt. Their love for Kaiya made it hurt them so much more to see her go. Our love for them made it hurt so much more to see them in so much grief and pain. I could have never been prepared for such an experience, but it is forever tucked away in my heart. Today, I gained more respect, admiration, and amazement for Jessika and her family than I ever thought humanly possible. I have not stopped thinking about them all day long and will keep a constant prayer in my heart for their well-being. I am humbled beyond belief at their sacrifice and when I look at our sweet Kaiya, I can only begin to imagine how incredibly hard it would be to let her go. Someday, I hope I can find the words to truly express my gratitude to Jessika. Today, words are just not enough. I love her and I love her dear family. Truly there are not greater people to be found.
From one extreme emotion to the next. We walked out of Jessika's room to the nursery where we put Kaiya in her carseat and then loaded her into our car for the first (terrifying) ride home. The day has been spent staring at her perfect face, holding her tiny hands, and keeping her as close to us as we can. We are still feeling like we must be in a dream! Here are some pictures from her welcome home day! We love our baby Kaiya!
The most wonderful family (this was after MANY tears were shed)





21 Comments:
I can't imagine what today was like. You are a good girl, Karli! Congrats!
Tiffany
Oh, I feel like an emotional mess after reading your highs and lows today! Thanks for sharing this important time in your life! Jill
Your posts totally make me cry. I can't even imagine! I don't even know what to say except that you guys are so blessed, and Jessika and her family will be so blessed as well for making such an important decision such as this.
I am so HAPPY for you.
I can't even control my emotions just reading it. You guys must be completely exhausted!
I know, like everyone else says, it bring immediate tears to my eyes. You express feelings that have no words VERY well Kar. I just can't imagine the huge contradicting feelings you have felt. And, as you said, just because something is GOOD and RIGHT doesn't mean at all that it's EASY. Ooohhhhh, so hard and so special all in one. I am still completely taken back at how extremely cute she is. That picture with your mom is worthy of publishing, oh my. Okay, I can't stop typing. So glad she's home!!! Enjoy the dream :-)
Jamie (oh, and THANK YOU for taking the time to post these special things)
You give me hope.
The universe and its cosmos are at peace. All is well with the world. Heavenly Father's plan is truly at work.
Bless you all and Bless Jessika and her family.
thanks for your posts... they make me so happy!!
you are so good at writing kar, i love reading your posts. i either want to jump through my screen to hold that beautiful girl or grab a box of tissues to help me when i am crying. we love you so much and are so excited for all of you guys right now. our prayers are with your family and jessikas.
soooooo precious....love you!
Isn't the instant love you feel for your child so amazing! I never knew how much my mom loved me until I had my own child- it is so instant, so unconditional- nothing you have to work at. You have such a tender spirit, Kaiya is so blessed to have you as her mom.
She is beyond beautiful. And so is Jessika.
It has been so neat to watch/read all of this as it happens. Thank you Karli for taking the time to give us a huge look into your life. We are so glad that Kaiya is home and that you all are doing well. We love you. Like we said before, we are so thankful for the sacrifice that Jessika and her family have made, and for how they have added to your life. Congrats new mommy and daddy!
How beautiful! Congratulations! We adopted an 8 year old boy last year and having to say goodbye to his mother and drive away was the most emotional experience EVER! I totally know how you felt. You are so thrilled and at the same time heartbroken.
She is so perfect! What a joy!
Okay- I too cried as I read your post. Thank you for sharing your beautiful words with us. Your daughter is beautiful!! Congratulations!!!
Chris & Karli, I cannot tell you how thrilled I am for you. What an incredible journey. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to meet Kaiya next time I am out with Ash & Ry. What a beautiful daughter, congratulations!
Lindsay
I am so humbled by looking at the picture of you with Jessika. What a wonderful, selfless, charitable, pure, loving, brave, etc etc girl. She has gone through so much as such a young woman. You and she will have a bond unlike any other relationship in this world, and yet...she can now move on with her life knowing that the life she brought into this world is having the best care. I am proud of her.
There are not enough words to even say that would sum up what you have been though in the last few days...
Just really HUGZ to you all!!
I know you don't know me, but I found your blog from my friend's blog. Just wanted to say Congrats! As I was looking at pictures of your beautiful little one, I got tears in my eyes. You can see the love you have for this little girl and she is so lucky. Best wishes - Julee
Now the adventure begins...life will never be the same. Enjoy the ride - it is exhilarating, terrifying, exciting, exhausting, and more wonderful that you could ever have imagined. There is nothing like a baby girl. She is so very lucky to have you to raise and love her.
I cried too. I'm so happy for all of you.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us all. What a beautiful story for a beautiful girl!
You knew this would happen. Now you wonder how we all do it. Post? AND take care of kids? It's quite the skill. Good luck.
I'm crying now too! I can't even imagine. My brother and his wife will be adopting a baby girl in October as well. We're so excited for them. I can't wait to meet your sweet baby. Congratulations!
Post a Comment
<< Home