Some things I'm currently lovin'
Well, of course, there's the total obvious...
But in addition to loving ALL of Kaiya to death, I specifically love her precious fingers.
And her cute, TINY feet, that even the smallest socks have a hard time hanging on to.
And I love her perfect "kissing" lips (as Jessika's grandma calls them).
And I sooo love that she is awake so much more these days! She is constantly checking out her little world and smiling and cooing. She is changing so much, so fast! She is already starting to grow out of a few of her newborn clothes and filling out some of the outfits that drowned her at first! Ahhh, is it possible to love her any more than we do?!
A few other things that I love these days:
I am sooo into A Fine Frenzy lately. If you have not heard this girl, check her out. She has such a beautiful voice and her songs are very emotional -- LOVE her! Might I recommend "Near to You", "Almost Lover", "Last of Days", and "Ashes and Wine". I find that I am spending a lot of time with my iPod these days during many hours of feedings and walking and such and so if any of you have any must-have music or artists that you would like to share, I am definitely interested in knowing what you're listening to and loving!
I am also loving short hair. I always, always try really hard to grow my hair out, but have finally decided for the moment, that short hair is for me. It is so much easier for me to fix and I just think it fits me better. Ask me in a month or so, and I might be trying once again to grow it out, but for now, I LOVE short hair!
I very much love the baby sling that my sister got for me. I put Kaiya in that all the time. It is such a great idea -- so hands-free and Kaiya just snuggles right into it and falls right to sleep. I can go on walks and still have a free hand to hold Chase's leash or clean house or do whatever else I need to do. I highly recommend these -- LOVE them!
I am also loving short hair. I always, always try really hard to grow my hair out, but have finally decided for the moment, that short hair is for me. It is so much easier for me to fix and I just think it fits me better. Ask me in a month or so, and I might be trying once again to grow it out, but for now, I LOVE short hair! And I love all the GOOD NEWS that seems to be spreading amongst so many of my friends and family. In the past few days, there has been so much good news going around for so many VERY deserving people, mainly regarding pregnancy and adoption. You all know who you are and I just couldn't be happier for each of you. Your good news definitely gives my heart warm fuzzies in the best way!
And I gotta close with the best thing that I love not just lately, but ALWAYS. Chris, you are the most amazing daddy and husband a girl could ever dream of. Seriously, this guy gets up each and every night to help with Kaiya's feedings, and is so attentive to both of us the minute he walks in the door from work, even after he has had a long day. I am so touched by how he stares so adoringly at his baby girl like he has never loved a person so much and how he can still look at me and seem more in love than he ever has before. He is the most patient person I have ever known. Though life definitely changes in big ways when a baby comes, Chris has made the transition so much easier with his love and support and service. I couldn't do it without him and I am more thankful every day for such a great man by my side!
So, what are y'all lovin these days? Do tell, please!!





14 Comments:
I'm loving your tender feelings on the blog and the adorable pictures that I get to drool over. I'm loving seeing you and Chris head over heels in love with precious Kaiya. I'm loving being close by to share in special moments and get to snuggle with Kaiya. I'm loving being "gramdma"
I'm currently loving your posts and the fact that your dreams came true! I'm so happy for you, Kar. You've always deserved the best and I'm just glad that everything is falling into place. You have a beautiful little family.
I love your hair too! What a great cut!
As for me, I'm currently loving being a Mom. Some days are tough, but when Emma says "Ma ma", my heart melts. :)
By the way, I saw on your blog that you like the artist, Regina Spektor. She's coming to SLC on November 2nd. Ticket info is on www.smithstix.com
Just a little FYI...
You and your uplifting blog! I love your short hair too. Me? Well, I'm loving that my race is tomorrow and I'm ready :)
Such a sweet post! There is nothing like being a first-time mom, everything in the world seems different, (baby fingers being amazing), and it just gets better and better as you re-explore the world through her eyes. Reading your blog reminds me of these feelings I do not always take the time to feel with my third, so thank you! Keep up the beautiful work, you are such a sweet and loving mom, and it is so enjoyable to read your posts. Just beautiful!
I am loving you posts of your sweet little angel!
Your hair cut is way funky!!
I'm loving your Kaiya posts. She is so beautiful and I love to read her updates. I'm also loving short hair. I love your cut!! I cut my hair really short and I'm loving it!! It's easy to manage and that's always a plus when you have a little one.
I'm loving that I FINALLY got to meet Kaiya today. What a living doll!!!
I'm loving your perfect hair (I should say that I'm jealous of your perfect hair!)
Today, I'm loving that I now have 4 worthy Priesthood holders in my home! I feeling pretty blessed today.
I am loving that you are finally a mommy and having such an amazing experience with that precious little girl.
I am loving that you LOVE the sling. It reminds me that I need to use mine more. Now that he is more active I don't think about it as much.
I am also loving that my precious Ash will have such a cute little cousin to play with.
And I love my sis
I'm really lovin your hair and it really tempts me to cut mine *which I have done with each pregnancy* HOwever- I do flinch when I see your pregnancy measurer still on there- if anyone was ever 42 weeks or more pregnant I think they would explode or at least want to explode.
I too am loving to GOOD NEWS. Life is so amazing, I love when there are so many people bringing it to this world.
I feel like I can't say enough how beautiful Kaiya is--in real life and in your photos.
I am a short hair girl who is always trying to grow out, too. At some point I will accept my fate. Thanks for giving me courage to do so!
It was good to see you and Im so glad that you and Elisa could finally meet in person.Who knew while on your mission that adoption would bring the two of you together. Pretty crazy. Kaiya is so beautiful! I need to come hold her sometime to get my baby fix. The whole process of adoption is amazing! Im not too sure my mind will fully understand it. Hopefully it has all become real that you are a MOM =)
I left a comment in my head, but forgot to type it up!! What I WANTED to say is YES your hair is so cute! Love the drastic A-line, my fav. And YES Kaiy has kissable lips!!!
LOVE your hair cut. That is how I want the back of mine, and they just keep butchering it. I guess there is no such thing as a curly a-line... Love your baby girl. I have always loved babies' hands. Love your sweet husband and doggy. Love your posts. Love that I have joy everyday. Love my hubby. Love going on hikes with him. Love to laugh till my stomach hurts and my eyes cry. Love the hot weather in Phoenix. Love my girls and my grandkids - I am so lucky. Love life. Truly my cup runneth over.
Post a Comment
<< Home