RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Some things lately...

Monday, October 15, 2007

Some things lately...

Well, it has been a busy week and although each of these events deserves its' very own special post, I am going to lump everything into one today!

I got back from California and didn't seem to have a second to breathe! (And breathing has been a little hard this week anyway, because Kaiya and I both came down with nasty colds -- booo!) Anyway, Wednesday night we drove up to my parents house because they got a special envelope in the mail!! Yep, they got their mission call!! So, we all gathered at their house and made our guesses of where they would be going and one of us actually guessed right!

Drumroll please........
They have been called to serve in Bangalore, INDIA!!! WOW!!! My dad was the lucky (or inspired) guesser! After many tears and much shock, I think the emotions have settled into pure excitement for all of us, especially my parents! We could not be happier for them and can't wait for their new adventures! And one very cool and special side note is that they go into the MTC on February 25th, mere days after we will have our court finalization and sealing and blessing for Kaiya, so they will get to be there for everything! We are so happy about that!

On Thursday, we had our home visit with our new case-worker. Everything went well, and it was really special for us to be able to sit with her and reflect upon our feelings and emotions of having Kaiya in our family these last few months. It's hard to talk about our sweet girl without the tears flowing and I was thankful for the opportunity to be reminded of what a precious gift she is in our lives!

Also on Thursday, I got to meet up with one of my dearest friends from college, Joy. Joy was one of my first college roomates my freshman year and because we became such good, close friends, we ended up living together for a few years after that as well. Oh the memories that I have with Joy! I love seeing her (she usually comes to Utah once a year for work) and it's like not a day has passed! And this time, she got to meet baby Kaiya as well! Love you, Joyster!

Then on Friday, I got to meet up with another one of my best friends, Jamie and her hubby Tucker! They were in town from California, so Chris and I met them for lunch and then did some hanging out afterwards. Chris and I always comment how rare it is to find couples that you click with and that both spouses get along so well and that's how we feel about Jamie and Tucker. They have such an adorable family and it's always such a wonderful treat to see them! We love you guys!

That night we had a great time going to dinner with Ry and Ash and then came back to their house for a fabulous game of Clue (LOVE that game). Watch out for that Miss Scarlet and her revolver!

The rest of the weekend was spent REALLY enjoying the fall season, something I don't feel like I have done enough of this year. So, we went all out! We went up Provo Canyon, to Provo Peak and just took in the gorgeous drive and colors. We recently purchased a new vehicle, which is big enough to take Chase and Kaiya in and it has been so nice to have the whole family be able to come on outings together! We hiked around up on the mountain and let Chase go wild chasing rocks and sticks and everything else. Kaiya slept through most of it, but she sure looked cute all bundled up!




We also picked up some delicious soup for dinner, came home and got all bundled up and warm, and after eating dinner, made yummy wassail (thank you, Ashley, for the idea, and thank you Williams and Sonoma for the nice blend!), had carmeled apples (good job, Chris), and watched movies. It was such a great weekend and I am loving this time of year!!

That brings me to today. I am leaving to take Kaiya to her TWO-MONTH appointment in a little while (yesterday she turned two -months) and I am having a hard time believing how quickly the time has gone by! I am so anxious to find out how much she weighs, because to me, I feel such a difference when I hold her and look at her adorable chub! She is so much more alert and awake during the day, which is soooo fun! She smiles all the time (such a happy girl), sleeps like a champ (yes, she sleeps through the night), and I honestly don't know that she could be any cuter! I love that she recognizes our voices and our faces so clearly. She'll be sitting in her swing and when Chris or I walk over to her and she hears our voices, she immediately seems to focus and start looking for our faces. It's so sweet! What joy she has brought into our lives in the most wonderful ways and how blessed we feel to have the priveledge of being her parents. Our love grows for her with each passing day and with all of her changing, we find each day to be so exciting as we watch her grow and develop! It is humbling to me to realize how blessed we are. We talked to Jessika last night on the phone and I was once again reminded of how much we owe her and how much we love her. She is such a special girl! She sent us the sweetest poem, which she got in a gift basket she received from our agency, and I wanted to end this post with that poem. It is so touching, especially when you put yourself in Jessika's shoes. So, here it is and hope you all are having a great week!
My Little Butterfly
You were finally here,
My little butterfly.
You were placed in my arms,
And I couldn't help but cry.

You were so precious, so beautiful.
My little butterfly.
And I knew it would be hard
To say goodbye.

I cried for you at night.
How could I let my
Little butterfly go?

Then I thought of the new world
You will see.
Of the loving parents that will
Take care of thee.
And I felt Peace.

Your were finally here,
My little butterfly.
And no matter how hard it is,
I must say goodbye.

So, open your wings
And don't be afraid to fly.

Fly away to a new life.
Where opportunities are
At every door.
And my love around every corner.

You were finally here,
My little butterfly.
But, quickly you left.
To live your new life.

You'll always be in my heart.
Your memory in my every thought.
Those tiny hands,
And bright eyes.

I WILL FOREVER LOVE YOU,
My Little Butterfly.

-Gina Crotts

15 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

What a fun weekend! I want soup and caramel apples now. Great! That's all I need. Such a touching poem as well.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

How neat! I love Kaiya's little chub too... sooo cute! Glad we got to hang this weekend a bit. I'm also glad you picked yourself up some of the yummy williams-sonoma mix... it's good huh!! And Caramel apples... seriously they're the best. I've still got one leftover in my fridge just calling my name.. yum yum!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

sounds like a great weekend--fall is the best time of the year--so peaceful. Does your life feel complete or what? I'm so glad!!!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

what a great weekend!

sorry if we were the ones to get you sick:(

4:08 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Wow, super eventful Karli!!! Congrats to your parents, India is one of the places Bill has studied quite a bit, (along with China :) SO cool that they get to go. We are jealous, now you'll get to visit over there! And we are loving fall here as well, your pictures are gorgeous! It's a tad different from Ca, but we are loving it. Fun post Karli!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

Your posts choke me up Karli. I'm actually most moved by the fact that your sweet mom and dad are going to India on a mission. That is such a huge sacrifice and I am so impressed. They will change a lot of lives because of the good people they are. February is a great time to enter the MTC, isn't it Sass?

9:17 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

How exciting for your parents! That's awesome. It's good they'll be there for your sealing to that precious baby of yours! She gets more beautiful every day. (Is that possible!)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

Crazy and amazing mission call!

So perfect, as always, to see you. Always way too short.

And VERY touching poem!

11:52 PM  
Blogger A Little Sass said...

Congrats to your parents! That is such a cool call. India is on the long list of places I want visit. What kind of mission is it? Is it 18 months? You will HAVE to go visit them ... and I will go with you! :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

Congrats to your parents. What an amazing place to go! I love the pictures and Kaiya is such a doll!

I love Jessika too and I don't even know her. What a brave, brave girl. That poem made me cry!

12:14 PM  
Blogger britt said...

Fun times, memorable get togethers and a beatiful, touching poem!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Carlotta said...

Gina is an amazing person. I met her after Calli was born. Her story is one to hear. She was the first placement that my friend Wendy ever did. She almost quit after that. The world is so small when it comes to the gospel and adoptions.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are so cute Karli. A little socialite. Congrats to your parents on their call to India. The pictures by blue lilly were beautiful too. (Wish she was closer to us)I have been looking for a good photographer in Santa Barbara. Loved the sweet poem as well.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Grammy said...

What a fabulous weekend. I totally miss the fall. We are still pretty warm here in AZ, though it is dropping to the high 70's low 80's now. And cooling off at night. Love it! I did get to visit Utah this weekend, and went on a hike through the fall leaves with Katie & Julie. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Glad life is so good to you!

3:53 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

P.S. I just bought "A Fine Frenzy" today and am loving it! Great recommendation, Kar. Hope you're doing well...

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones