Kaiya's first trip and Laura loves!
Thursday night was the rehearsal dinner and it was a lot of fun to see old friends and meet so many other wonderful people who have influenced Mark and Laura's lives.
Laura (the bride), Wendy, me and Kaiya
Then Friday it was off to Huntington/Laguna Beach for the weekend and the wedding. I had to leave baby Kaiya for the first time and I had no idea it would be so hard! Luckily she was in some of the best and most expereinced hands (thanks soooo much, Deb and Aaron) and I know she had a blast with her little cousins! But still, mom's heart was aching to hold her the entire time I was gone! I missed her soooo, sooooo bad! Friday night Laura's family had a big dinner celebration and it was so awesome! They did a lot of really cool cultural traditions (Laura is Arabic) and it was a lot of fun hanging out with her fun family! Just to back up a bit, Laura's family was like my second family growing up! We were best friends through so many important years and I love Laura and I love her family like they were my own! It was really special for me to be able to share in this special time with all of them!
Lots of dancingAnd painting the bride's hand with henna
Then Saturday was the wedding. It was beyond beautiful, because of the setting, because of the occasion, and because of Laura! The ceremony was on this beautiful terrace that overlooked the ocean and the weather was so nice! Laura looked so amazing and I think she would agree that she got her perfect day! I am so hapy for she and Mark to start their new lives together!! I was also sooo thrilled to see one of my other best friends, Wendy, who was at the weddding as well. Wendy, Laura, and I were completely inseperable growing up and I have so, so many special memories with both of them! I am so thankful that we could all be reunited for a few short days! It was a blast!
Isn't this place incredible?! Laura and her dad coming down the aisle -- she looked so beautiful!
Laura and Mark eat their first dinner together as hubby and wife...with a bit of an interruption from me!
My girls...and I love 'em!
CONGRATS, LAURA! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!





5 Comments:
What a beautiful wedding in a gorgeous spot! Oh I'm jealous of your trip to So Cal. You lucky girl.
wow--it was a beautiful setting for the wedding. Laura looks really gorgeous - quite different tho from the last time I saw her which would have been after H.S. graduation. Must say Wendy and Karli look pretty dynamite also!
So fun!Isn't it great to have those special moments with people who you have shared so much with. There is nothing like it.
What a trip back in time, huh? I'm happy for Laura, and you all look amazing :-)
How fun. I am soo glad you got to go! You girls all look soo different from your younger years, mmore beautiful of course!
Post a Comment
<< Home