Oh Christmas Tree...
Well, with the snow covering the ground outside, it has been very enjoyable to spend a lot of time curled up together on the couch by the glow of the Christmas lights! There are few things better than to be cuddled up next to the people you love the most in the world, warm and happy. I love it! The only thing better would be if we had a fireplace! (By the way, we are one of those families that put up our lights RIGHT after Thanksgiving, so we have a bit longer to enjoy the beautiful decorations!) Kaiya loves to stare at the lights and the colors on the tree and it has been such a wonderful experience to be able to enjoy Christmas watching HER enjoy Christmas!
(My mom got us these cute snowmen, because she said it reminded her of our little family!)

(Our "fun" stockings and our Love Stockings -- a Christmas tradition I inherited from my family growing up.)

(I had to laugh at this picture. I thought, oh it would be so cute to set Kaiya up in front of the tree, where you could see the word "Joy" behind her. She had ideas of her own and quite honestly, I think hers were much more creative and funny! Not much "Joy" on that face!)
We also had the opportunity this last week to go to Ryan's Christmas show (Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband). The show is called "The Gift" and it was WONDERFUL!!! Ryan and his band play with Peter Breinholt and Sam Payne, who are all excellent musicians.We went to this show last year and are so excited that they have made it a tour that they will do every year! The music has such a special way of bringing the Christmas spirit and I must say we feel very lucky to have such incredibly talented (oh yeah, and really nice) friends! Might I recommend downloading Snow by Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband (one of my favorites) or Jeruselum by Peter Breinholt -- both great additions to your Christmas or anytime collection!
(Crappy picture off the camera phone, but Kaiya sure loved her first concert!)
And here are some more pictures of our family enjoying the Christmas season!
And here are some more pictures of our family enjoying the Christmas season!She already likes watching sports with daddy!
Snuggled up warm with her slippers





11 Comments:
What a pretty tree! Where did you find the star? That reminds me, I still don't have one for my tree.
Kaiya is getting so big! Did you get a new haircut? Your hair always looks so cute.
Why am I not suprised that your tree is so cute? I love the "JOY"!
Kaiya is a doll, joyful or not! This is going to be a fun Christmas for you guys. It is totally different when you experience it with a child. How fun!
I LOVE the Big J-O-Y letters. That is really creative. Where did you come up with that?
Oh that Kaiya, what a cutie. Just get use to the uncooperative picture taking...cuz it only gets harder (sometimes), the older they get!
Ohhhh! That last picture is perfect!
love the Christmas decorations... they look very cute! I need to come by and see your new curtains some time...
Cute decorations and tree. Kaiya is getting so big...I need to see her soon! What are you doing Thurs...possibly lunch?? Let me know. Can't wait to see you two!
Hey you guys have such a beautiful family.. Hey I need your address.. along with your parents.. my e-mail address is roxychik28@yahoo.. thanks.. Tina and Mark
I don't mean to be nosy, but I am curious to your relationship with Ryan Shupe...my husband LOVES that band and Peter Brienholt. (Spelling?) So, just kind of curious...small world eh?
Thanks for the info...I told my husband and his jaw dropped. See, blog-stalking has its benefits!!! (He always calls me a blog-stalker, oh well)
Kaiya is so cute! Your family is just adorable! Btw, I LOVE the huge green ornament (great color). And what is the "love stocking" and "fun stocking"?! Oh, and our blog is: teamkcw.blogspot.com
You must live near Ryan. Peter lives a few houses down from me. Funny. Anyway, can you tell us about your love stockings? Do you write each other love messages and place inside? Love to hear to scoop on those!
Post a Comment
<< Home