RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: When did FOUR months go by?!

Friday, December 14, 2007

When did FOUR months go by?!

I have had so many people tell me to make sure I savor the growing up of my baby because of how QUICKLY it flies by and how quickly they grow and change. I could not agree more! Today, little Ya-Ya is four months old, and I am just baffled by that!! I honestly feel like it was just last week that the whirlwind of her birth and placement took place and yet now I am the mother of the sweetest girl who has four whole months under her belt!! At the same time, though, it's almost as if I don't remember what life was like before she was here. It just feels so normal to have her in our family that I sometimes take for granted what a miracle it is that she is here! Just a few days ago, we very emotionally scheduled our court finalization (February 28th) and our sealing (March 1st) to our sweet baby Kaiya and we cannot wait for these most special events to take place. Truly, my cup runneth o'er! Kaiya-bear is growing like crazy and has developed the cutest puffy cheeks that are irresistable kissable! Those, along with her puffy little legs that feel like marshmallows! I had a woman behind me in line at Costco the other day who says, "I just LOVE to see babies looking so healthy and round because that means they are being well cared for." And I must agree -- I love her little chub! Kaiya is the most content baby we could have ever wished for. Not that I have any other children to compare her to, but this girl is just always happy! The only wah's she ever makes are when she is hungry (obviously), tired and needs her binky and a finger to fall asleep, or when mom is lubing her up with lotion after her bath (and that's probably only because mom always has cold hands)! She doesn't even cry when her headband wiggles its' way down and covers her eyes. Most of the time when that happens, she just figures it's time to go to sleep, so she will! Hehe! Other than that, she smiles and talks and laughs the days away! Speaking of talking, she is quite the gabber! She talks and talks, even when there's nobody around to talk back to her! She talks to my students while I'm at work -- who, by the way, just love her! She talks to her mom and dad all the time, but my favorite time is our nightly talks on the bed. That's when she seems to want to tell us all about her day, complete with laughs and concerned furrowed brows and loud yells! She talks to Chase a lot -- he's a great listening ear and never interrupts her! Chase, by the way, is for sure her best friend! They have such a sweet little bond and every time I see them cuddling or Chase laying down to be next to her, it just melts my heart! My two little kids adoring one another! She is a little drool bug and soaks her shirts regularly, and whenever you kiss the side of her mouth, she sticks her little tongue out to lick you! She loves to stand and exercise her little legs, but she also loves to sit in her favorite chair. She is obsessed with the little ball that hangs from her jungle gym and has learned how to reach for it and grab it with two hands. It's quite the accomplishment when this happens, and so she always smiles big once she has captured it! She likes to watch mom make dinner and she finds her neighbor friend, Ryley, absolutely fascinating! The other night they were sitting next to each other in their carseats in the car, and we looked back to see them holding hands, Kaiya staring so interested at Ryley all the while! It was so cute! She has moved into a new diaper size and speaking of diapers, I'm happy to report, the pooping is under control and a much more endurable experience for the little miss (and for mom and dad)!
I'm so in love with this little girl and just when I think it's impossible to love her more, I am brought to tears, completely overwhelmed by how much more I love her! When I have to be away from her even for a few hours, my arms just ache to hold her and I can't wait to see her smile! She makes even the worst of days seem like the best just watching her enjoy her world. With each passing month, I am humbled by how lucky I am. To be the wife to the most incredible husband and father, and to the mother of my most priceless gift. Who am I to be so blessed?! Happy four months to you, babsies!

14 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

She is absolutely beautiful! You are very blessed!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Holladay Family said...

She is blessed too. All of her parents are the greatest ever! She has so many grandparents and Aunts and Uncles to embrace her. What a beautiful life for all of you!

6:09 PM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

It was so fun to see you and Kaiya the other day. She is so sweet and adorable. It still amazes me at how fast they do grow up! It's a good thing that every stage is fun. You are such a fun mommy!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Those are the cutest pictures! She is adorable!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Grammy said...

What joy eminates from this post! I am so happy for you. Savor every moment and just roll in it! She is unbelievabley darling. So happy that court (temporal) and temple (spiritual) finalities are scheduled.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great post! Although it has only been about 4 weeks I feel like little Luka has been in our family forever too. Isn't it amazing how much you love these little guys from the moment they arrive. It is absolutely humbling. Your baby is so dang cute! I am so happy for you guys, you truly deserve this:)

9:17 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

Kaiya is so beautiful and I'm excited to finally meet her on Tuesday! I loved your post and recap of the last four months. Time really does fly.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Lindsey from The R House said...

i love those lippies!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

Happy four months baby babe!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

It has flown by! She is so cute, we love having her around whenever we can. Ryley is loving learning to be mommy's helper (as you've witnessed), so please don't hesitate to ask us to watch her anytime you need someone. We love miss Kaiya, and are still so happy for you both!!!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

SO sweet Karli! I am still in shock over how much my Eddie has grown, not to mention Jade who is 10!!! It's amazing. You are documenting well, and Kaiya will have so much fun going over all these "memories" when she is Jade's age. I wish I had kept up more with what was going on with Josh when he was little, I'm afraid I can't remember much, so his baby stories are not as detailed as Jade's are, or Eddie's will be. Keep up the good work! she will love to hear about EVERY little detail when she gets older!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

happy 4 months baby girl, we miss you!

11:28 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

Karli -

Thanks again for meeting me for lunch yesterday. It was fun seeing you and finally meeting sweet Kaiya. What a good baby she is!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Sara S. said...

Chris and Karli! It's been a while, but I have been keeping tabs on you guys through Melissa and Mary and Karie and I just wanted to say a belated (4 months belated) CONGRATULATIONS! She is so adorable. I am really happy for you guys and your beautiful little family. Much love!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones