RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: I'm really gonna miss this...

Saturday, March 08, 2008

I'm really gonna miss this...

I'm starting to get really nastalgic about this place, even though we've only lived here for a few years. Today, Chris was home with us, and the weather was beautiful, so we went out for a walk with the kids. It was PERFECT. I couldn't help but think how much I'm going to miss our walks in our neighborhood. We have been fortunate to live around a lot of farm land that is beautiful and habitated by sheep and horses. We have loved this! We always stop and feed the horses on our walks and today was Kaiya's first encounter with them! She actually cried when we first walked up because I think they freaked her out. But that only lasted a few seconds and then she warmed right up to these gentle animals and was pleasantly curious about them. And Chase loves these walks too. He and the horses do their usual sniffing about each other and then are happy to be sharing the visit. He knows this area like the back of his paw because we have taken this walk in this neighborhood a hundred times before. These walks have been our time for talking, our time for being together as a family, our time to enjoy the beauty of the world around us. We have taken sunset walks, midnight walks, and the kids and I have taken daily morning walks to get in some exercise. I will miss these walks and these familiar sights and sounds and animals. Guess we'll just have to find new places to walk!

7 Comments:

Blogger Cari said...

Wow! You make our little neighborhood look so beautiful! We will really miss you!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

Your hair is so cute. I have always loved your hair.

We also live out where we can enjoy beautiful scenery during our walks or bike rides. There is nothing better then a Sunday afternoon walk.

1:15 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

Those are some neat pictures. I'm sure you'll be in a great place and find somewhere good to walk. It is hard to say goodbye, though.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

We're going to miss bumping into you on those walks... always a fun treat!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I love that last picture in sepia. Very much. You should start selling prints. I was just thinking about how good that would look in our family room!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Wanderingfamilies said...

Great photos! I LOVE walks, but to have horses and sheeps along the way is even better!

6:59 AM  
Blogger jake roi said...

We certainly will miss you guys, and I think our boys will miss you most of all. You've been so great - keep up the excellent work in the valleys of the North!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones