RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Happy 2 Months, Bubsy!

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Happy 2 Months, Bubsy!

Yep, today little Avery is TWO months old! WHAAAT?! I feel like I woke up this morning and someone had played a little time travel trick on me because I just can't wrap my brain around the fact that it has already been two months!!I am having a hard time finding words today to express how much I adore this little sweet thang! I am so, so, so in love with her! I have felt the exact feeling with the addition of each of our girls, that I just can't even remember or comprehend how we lived without her! And now that she is here, our world, our home, our family, our lives are so much more complete and full and there is such joy that has come from this tiny little new life!It's amazing to me how Kaiya and Taylor have not only adapted with such ease, but how naturally and easily and quickly they too fell in love with their new sister! They adore her in a way that I can't get enough of! I could sit and be a fly on the wall for hours, just observing how they treat her, the funny things they say to her, the way they try to share their toys with her and snuggle her. Not an ounce of jealousy or a mean feeling at all! It is love in it's pureness, the kind of love that really only comes when there is a new baby in your home. And speaking of that kind of love, isn't there just such a unique, beautiful, spiritual feeling about having a new baby? It's like they arrive here, just dripping in heaven. You KNOW where they have just been because of the way they make you feel when they get here. Avery makes me feel that way. I stare at her (obsessively) and imagine the things she still remembers, what she still sees, the things she could tell us about if she were able. It's so powerful and beautiful and I feel so grateful that Heavenly Father shares His precious children with us and allows us to experience parenthood with such angels.Avery has such incredibly wide, bright, expressive eyes. I love them. They are one of her best features (although all of her features are her best features). I love to look into those eyes and feel so connected, so bonded to her. I love to look into those eyes and see such depth to her soul and her spirit. I love to look into those eyes and imagine all that she will do and become. The possibilities are so endless and I know she will accomplish and do great things and see great things with those beautiful eyes. I can't wait for all that life has to offer her! Let me write down a few things to remember about Avery at 2 months:

Some nicknames that are currently sticking -- Bubsy or Bubsy-boo, Avie-girl (that's what Taylor calls her) and Avsies.

REFLUX. Ok, let's talk about where she's at with this curse! We started her on Zantac a few weeks ago. After a few days, we saw incredible improvement! We were so, so excited and thrilled for how comfortable and content she was! But then after about a week, the old symptoms started rearing their ugly heads and now we are back to having a lot of really hard days. It's awful. I sometimes am just beside myself, wanting to fix it and make her feel better. She has ok days and then really bad ones where she just never seems to get a moment of comfort. She has an appointment next week with her doctor, so we will discuss things with him and see if we need to try another approach. I am so anxious for her to be ok. There is no worse or more helpless feeling than not being able to make your baby feel better. I would literally do anything to make her ok. It is really hard, too, as a mom, because Avery wants to be held all the time and I am constantly dealing with the guilt of feeling like I am neglecting the other girls. They have been so good and so patient. But I wish I could spread my time a little more evenly right now and it kills me that I can't. I hope to have a better report in the coming weeks and months on this subject. Please cross your fingers for little Avery to feel better soon!

As a result of the reflux, Avery does not sleep well at all. AT ALL! We can maybe get in a few hours of sleep randomly throughout the day. Mostly catnaps. So, you would assume that she would just be exhausted at night, right? Nope. She is sleeping worse now than she was in the beginning, usually only giving us about 3 hour stretches (she was doing 4-6 hour stretches before). By this time in their lives, Kaiya and Taylor were both sleeping through the night -- about 8 hours. So, having a baby who doesn't sleep at night is a shock to my system! I know, I was really spoiled with the other two, so I shouldn't have expected to have such good fortune THREE times! I am so anxious to get a good night sleep again, but have to expect it may be awhile before that happens! But speaking of sleep, Avery has fallen asleep on my lap as I type this and ok, I forgive her for not sleeping at night, because this is just pure heaven!

But let's talk about Avery's smile because that's a much happier subject! This girl has such a precious and big, happy smile! It's not just a grin, it's a mouth-wide-open, stretch-across-the-whole-face kind of smile! And she uses it a lot, even though she doesn't always feel good! The dimples melt me, they are the perfect accent to such a sweet smile!

Avery's happiest time is in the morning when she wakes up. She is starting to coo and make noises a lot and I love to just sit and chat with her, nose to nose. Sometimes she gets so excited about the conversation that she starts flailing her arms and legs and hyperventilating! It is hilarious! I love that she still has no control of her excitement and sometimes will even hit herself in the face! She has such funny expressions. She has a definite poop face -- I gotta catch that one on camera -- it's classic. She makes another face where her mouth makes a very tight "o" shape and her eyes get really big -- kinda like she is very surprised about something. Love her many expressions!She has started to swat at her toys that hang above her head and it's pretty cute to see her concentration and determination! She really is interested in seeing things hanging around her and is really good at focusing on them and being occupied by them.

She really loves baths and is so curious when she is in the water. She sometimes flails around and splashes herself. Other times she is very mellow and still and just seems to be so relaxed. We take lots of baths around here with all the spitting she does, so thank goodness she likes them!

She sleeps swaddled at night, but usually squirms her way out of it pretty easily.

Her hair is confusing! Sometimes it looks very brown and then other times it looks like it has tons of red in it. We'll see how it progresses as it gets longer! And she has the cutest little swirly cowlick that I know will drive us crazy in years to come, but it sure is cute now! Her eyes are just as confusing -- sometimes they look blue, sometimes hazel. So, hair and eyes are still somewhat a mystery!

She loves to have her back patted.

She falls asleep really easily in the car. Sometimes when she's super fussy or uncomfortable, we will just go for a ride and it quite often calms her down and allows her to get to sleep. Too bad gas isn't cheaper!

We are so grateful to have sweet Avery in our family! As her milestones come and as she starts to experience and do more, it is amazing to be able to witness her growth! We love her so, so much. We love her for the way she smiles amidst her pain. We love her for the joy she brings to each of us as individuals and to our family as a whole. We love the Spirit she brings to our home. We love her curiosity and focus on the world around her. We just love everything about her! I can't wait to see what the coming weeks and months bring to our lives through her and to her life as she experiences so many new and exciting things! I know it will go by way too fast and that makes me sad. But I feel so grateful that I get to watch her grow up and be apart of her special life! I'm so grateful that she has come to our family!!

Happy TWO months, Bubsy!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have you tried a pro-biotic? I am sure everyone has a fix for you. All of my babies were so bad with reflux and tummy stuff. I know that helped a few and you can get it from the pharmacist over the counter- he keeps it in his fridge. Or I let all mine sleep on their tummies. I hope you survive. Cannon is 18 months today and STILL doesn't sleep through the night. I feel your pain...

9:08 PM  
Blogger britt said...

She IS just soo sweet. I can't wait to kiss those precious cheeks in a few days! And I hope and pray for EVERYONE's sake that you find a cure QUICKLY!!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I know i've said it before, but she is adorable! Oh, I need to meet this cutie pie! Love her already. I 'm sorry about the reflux and so hope it goes away soon, u guys definitely need more sleep... Hang in there.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Diane and Allan said...

Avery definitely has her own look. I see Kaiya's eyes and Taylors dimples but everything else is YOU and Avery. Her eyes are so bright and expressive and she has beautiful lips. Isn't it heartwarming how Kaiya and Taylor have made such connection. Oh those girls are in for years of fun, fighting and loving each other. Can't believe she is still suffering so much. Just as well use the food storage in the freezer!!

11:47 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

Happy 2-months, Avery! You have your Mommy's eyes...that's why they're so big and beautiful. :) She's a little doll. Sorry about the reflux, too. :( Hope everything gets better and easier soon!

3:06 PM  
Blogger LizzieB said...

Wow, time really does fly by! You are keeping such a fantastic record for the girls, they will have one more way that they know you love them (especially through the tough times).

7:03 PM  
Blogger Elisa said...

So cute, it really is amazing how fast time goes. I love her smile.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

She is darling! I love how you take the time to enjoy life with your beauties!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones