RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Moments

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Moments

I have had so much on my mind lately. A lot of stuff going on that I won't go into. Some difficult, regular, "that's life" kind-of stuff . I have been getting wrapped up in it and sometimes it gets heavy.

But then there are moments. Moments where you feel like life stops, even for just a few seconds and things become so beautiful and bright and clear and you realize that everything is ok and that you have so, so much to be thankful for.

Yesterday, I had spent some time quieting Avery's troubled little body and finally got her cries all out and done. We lay down on the couch together, her snuggled up on my chest. And then I heard that beautiful sound of her breathing moving from short, I've-just-been-screaming-breaths, to long, deep, snoring breaths. I watched her for a long time. I just took in those precious moments and they changed everything about my day. I gave her a million kisses on the top of her soft, tiny little head. I thought about what a miracle she is. How beautiful, how perfect, how precious.

I took a picture of Avery sleeping there on my chest and sent it to Chris with a note that said something about how beautiful she is. And he sent a text back saying "you both are" even though I wasn't even in the picture. And that took me into another moment of pure gratitude for the amazing man I am privileged to be married to. He is so good to me, so patient, so eager to bless my life and our childrens with his kindness. There is no limit to what he does for our happiness, even at the expense of things he could be doing for himself. He is just too good to even express and I have MANY moments of feeling blessed by having him in my life.

There was another moment this morning when I took Kaiya to preschool. I hurried her inside and she asked me for a kiss and we gave each other the biggest hugs. Then she asked me if I would watch her go downstairs to her preschool room (her preschool is in someone's house). So, I watched her go down and with every step down she would look up and smile and wave at me. About halfway down, she said, "stay there, ok?" When she reached the bottom I yelled down that I loved her and blew her a kiss and she did the same. It made my day. I don't think there is a sweeter child in all the world, so sensitive and aware.

While Kai was away at school, I had a Presidency meeting for church at my house. In the middle of it, as I was busy being involved in conversations, Taylor had snuck up to my chair and was just patiently holding out her arms waiting for me to notice her and pick her up. I finally did and as she sat in my lap, I watched her charm the socks off of everyone at the table with her bubbly and friendly little personality. She was jabbering to everyone with a grin that could light up Time Square and they were all enthralled with what they couldn't even understand that she was saying! I knew I was having another "moment" and I fell in love with my sweet Tay all over again. She is so full of life and happiness. It sort of just spills out all over you if you are anywhere near her! Luckily I get to have her spill all over me A LOT!

Or how about the gorgeous, gorgeous sun shining today. Or sitting outside watching Kaiya and Taylor ride around in their jeep together, laughing like best friends while Avery smiles and squints at the bright sun on my lap. Or the opportunity to see a family member that I've missed so much. Or Chris texting me and asking me out on a date for this weekend. Those are some pretty good moments too.

Life is not always easy and it's not supposed to be. I know that. But I truly believe that even in the midst of difficult things, our Heavenly Father intends and wants nothing more than for us to be happy. He knows we can't always run around with a song in our heart and a smile on our faces. And that's ok too. But I believe if we look closely at our lives, at the everyday things happening, we can find countless moments of pure happiness. He provides them to get us through things. He provides them to brighten our days. He provides them even when there is nothing wrong in particular, just to let us know He is there and looking over us. Sometimes it is easier to spot these moments than others. Sometimes it takes more of a conscious effort. But those moments are there and they are really what life is all about. They are so beautiful. They remind ME that even when life is hard, I have so much to be thankful for. I hope we all can find more of these moments in our lives and that we take the time to be more aware of them. I know I need to do that and I can feel such an increase of my happiness when I do.

Here's to life's beautiful moments!
And here's the beauties that give me my BEST moments in life and make me smile everyday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

Tay's hair makes me laugh! I needed your post today. Lately I have felt like I just live day to day and just go with the flow and I am now reminded to enjoy each day and everything happening before me. Thanks. Again, your pictures are so precious. I hope poor Avery gets better soon!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, i need this

9:17 PM  
Blogger Asplund Family said...

I always love to read your blog because I love to know what is going on in your life...and I miss you. But today you brought me to tears as you truly inspire me! I love you!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Not only do you have such clear prospective on life, but a truly gifted ability to express. You should write a book and make some $$$ with your talent. Love the pictures of those funny girls.

5:12 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

Thank you for this post, Kar. You are such an example to me because you know & recognize what true happiness is and I appreciate your eternal perspective and gratitude for the simple things in this life.

I have people ask me all the time how I'm coping with our current "situation" and I have to look at them in surprise at times because I really am ok with my life. I'm grateful to have my little baby here (all whopping 2 lbs of her) despite the hardships it took in getting her here. I just have to remember each and every day that it's not in our hands and that He is watching over us and knows what's best.

We truly are blessed to each have three beautiful girls and a loving Heavenly Father who entrusted us with these special spirits.

Your girls are beautiful and you deserve each and every gift and blessing from God because of the awesome person you are.

Love ya!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones