Avie-girl is ONE MONTH OLD!
Our little Avie is a whole month old! I can't believe it! Tomorrow she will be going to college, I swear! How quickly time goes by when you have such a sweetheart to love on every single day! Gosh, I am so overwhelmed by how much I love this baby girl! I love her funny little expressions. I love to watch her sleep so peacefully. I love to look into her big, wide eyes that seem to be so full of wonder and curiosity. I love to feel how her very spirit has changed the feeling in our home. I love to watch Kaiya and Taylor be absolutely, totally head over heels for their sister. They are totally mesmerized by her and it is tender to witness! I love the (few) quiet moments that I get to just hold and cuddle and take in the smell, feel, sight of such a beautiful little baby. With the arrival of each of our children, I am always completely consumed and overwhelmed by how much I love them. Avery is no different. She is perfect and I adore every inch of her!
Some things to remember about Avie at one month:
She sleeps a ton. Like seriously, a TON!! In fact, this photo shoot below lasted for about 30 minutes and I was laughing the whole time because she was trying so hard to wake up and just couldn't quite get there!
She loves to be burped sitting up with her head resting in your hand. She passes out every time she's in this position.
She sleeps well at night. Still doing 4-6 hour stretches, so we only have to get up once at night.
She is filling out a lot, outgrowing most of her newborn clothes, but still seems so teeny tiny and miniature! I love it! She has very big and alert eyes...well the little amount of time that she is awake anyway!
She grunts so much. Loud grunts like she's trying to get something out. And usually she is!
She sleeps so well in her car seat. In fact, she is usually fast asleep in the time it takes me to get Kaiya to preschool which is less than a block away!
She still has her brown hair, but in certain lights, we can see some red in there too. It will be interesting to see what color it ends up being!
She is starting to look like she will have hazel eyes.
She has the most beautiful little lips, very dainty. And she is constantly shaping them into an "o" shape -- it is so cute. Oh and her smile is just perfection -- the dimples melt me!
She likes to be swaddled at night.
She is kind-of taking to the binky. I don't think she has totally decided if she likes it or not.
She is unfortunately having the major reflux problems that Taylor had. Bummer. She spits up like you cannot believe and seems to have a lot of the same pains that her sister went through. It is so sad. We are trying to decide the direction we will take to try and help her feel better. Medication did nothing for Tay. Lactose-free formula seemed to make the difference. But I have a freezer full of milk pumped and I am having such a hard time deciding if I am ready to switch her over and give that up. We may do a trial run and see if we notice a difference. Fingers crossed that she will be feeling better soon. I hate to see her so uncomfortable!
So, that is a little about our Avery. We fall in love with her more and more as the days pass and we could not feel more grateful that she has come into our lives and our family. She is so, so, so sweet and we feel like we have hit the jackpot...for the third time! Love you, Avie-baby!

She sleeps a ton. Like seriously, a TON!! In fact, this photo shoot below lasted for about 30 minutes and I was laughing the whole time because she was trying so hard to wake up and just couldn't quite get there!
She sleeps well at night. Still doing 4-6 hour stretches, so we only have to get up once at night.
She is filling out a lot, outgrowing most of her newborn clothes, but still seems so teeny tiny and miniature! I love it! She has very big and alert eyes...well the little amount of time that she is awake anyway!
She sleeps so well in her car seat. In fact, she is usually fast asleep in the time it takes me to get Kaiya to preschool which is less than a block away!
She still has her brown hair, but in certain lights, we can see some red in there too. It will be interesting to see what color it ends up being!
She is starting to look like she will have hazel eyes.
She has the most beautiful little lips, very dainty. And she is constantly shaping them into an "o" shape -- it is so cute. Oh and her smile is just perfection -- the dimples melt me!
She is kind-of taking to the binky. I don't think she has totally decided if she likes it or not.
She is unfortunately having the major reflux problems that Taylor had. Bummer. She spits up like you cannot believe and seems to have a lot of the same pains that her sister went through. It is so sad. We are trying to decide the direction we will take to try and help her feel better. Medication did nothing for Tay. Lactose-free formula seemed to make the difference. But I have a freezer full of milk pumped and I am having such a hard time deciding if I am ready to switch her over and give that up. We may do a trial run and see if we notice a difference. Fingers crossed that she will be feeling better soon. I hate to see her so uncomfortable!
So, that is a little about our Avery. We fall in love with her more and more as the days pass and we could not feel more grateful that she has come into our lives and our family. She is so, so, so sweet and we feel like we have hit the jackpot...for the third time! Love you, Avie-baby!





7 Comments:
Oh my, she is such a gorgeous baby! My littlest was spitting up a ton and seemed to be in pain a lot after feedings, so some friends recommended I cut out all dairy since I still wanted to try to nurse him. And, it made a huge difference. He went from spitting up what seemed like most of a feeding after every single feeding to hardly spitting up at all. It was rough to not eat any dairy, but it was so worth it. Now that he's older, I've added dairy back into my diet and into his solids, and he's totally fine. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there. I hope you find a solution that works for you and her.
Oh how I miss my little girl....she is already growing and changing so much. I love the pics you got of her--such big eyes and still those expressive lips. I can almost remember her smell from here. I long for a snuggle!!!!
She is beautiful and so alert for a 1 month old. I love all of the pictures. I am so glad that she is sleeping so well for you during the night. Calvin is still up every three hours like clockwork, but I have learned to love that time of night where I get to snuggle with him without being bothered. I hope that her reflux goes away. My oldest had kinda the same thing and the second we put her on soy, she was better. Good luck!
Oh my gosh she is already so beautiful! She looks adorable in that red and white outfit! I'm so glad you are doing well and enjoying your time with her. I cannot believe it has been a month now! Take care!
She's such a beauty! I think she has her Mama's big eyes. I love the picture where she has both hands up to block the camera. Too cute. Hope you're ok! Sounds like you're handling the adjustment of three quite well.
*gasp* Karli! She is beautiful! I can't believe how much your family has grown. Family really is at the center of the plan here on earth and it is so neat to see the Grover family be an example of how a great family works. Sad we are so far away from you, but think about you lots!
I LOVED all the pics! She is changing and getting cuter by the minute. Savor every moment, and even when you TRY to do that, that still grow up b4 your eyes. My once tiny one, is now 16 months. SORT OF makes me want another just for that newborn stage...haha.
Any luck with the change in milk?
Post a Comment
<< Home