Week Two
We had Avery's two week check today and she is healthy and thriving! Back up to her birth weight, even with all the spitting up she does :) And WOW, she does a lot of it! Taylor's reflux was much the same and it is amazing how quickly you forget how much such a tiny little person can upchuck! Ughhh!
In the words of her doctor, though, she is doing PERFECT! And he also said, "keep up the good work, mom!" To which I wanted to reply, "You should have seen me trying to get out the door for this appointment today!" But he doesn't need to know about that, and it is nice to have someone tell you you're doing a good job, even when most days, you feel like you might just get swallowed by the chaos of your new life! I'm not going to lie that her appointment was at 10:40 and I feel like it took us all morning to be ready to get out the door for it! And it was simply comical the chaos that ensued once we were there -- Kaiya needing to pee the minute the doctor came in (and COULD NOT hold it), Taylor taking off running around the office, Avery spitting up all over me, and everything else in her vicinity, etc, etc! Oh my goodness!
But let me tell you one thing I know without a doubt...I LOVE this beautiful baby girl. I love her from her cute little swirly cowlick, down to her long, skinny little toes. I love the way her soft cheeks welcome my kisses. I love the way she fits so perfectly in my arms and curled up in a little ball up under my neck. I love the way she smells (though sometimes it is the smell of the spits). I love the way she stares right into your face with such wonder and eyes open as wide as can be and I long to know what she knows in those moments, what she is thinking, what she is seeing. I love how she loves to rest her head in our hands while getting some burps out and then completely limply passes out in that same position without fail. I honestly feel like I could burst with how much I adore our little angel already. So immediate, so consuming, so irresistible is our love for her! I cannot imagine how we ever survived without her spirit in our lives and I'm so grateful that she is here now!
Love you so much, little Avie-girl!
In the words of her doctor, though, she is doing PERFECT! And he also said, "keep up the good work, mom!" To which I wanted to reply, "You should have seen me trying to get out the door for this appointment today!" But he doesn't need to know about that, and it is nice to have someone tell you you're doing a good job, even when most days, you feel like you might just get swallowed by the chaos of your new life! I'm not going to lie that her appointment was at 10:40 and I feel like it took us all morning to be ready to get out the door for it! And it was simply comical the chaos that ensued once we were there -- Kaiya needing to pee the minute the doctor came in (and COULD NOT hold it), Taylor taking off running around the office, Avery spitting up all over me, and everything else in her vicinity, etc, etc! Oh my goodness!
But let me tell you one thing I know without a doubt...I LOVE this beautiful baby girl. I love her from her cute little swirly cowlick, down to her long, skinny little toes. I love the way her soft cheeks welcome my kisses. I love the way she fits so perfectly in my arms and curled up in a little ball up under my neck. I love the way she smells (though sometimes it is the smell of the spits). I love the way she stares right into your face with such wonder and eyes open as wide as can be and I long to know what she knows in those moments, what she is thinking, what she is seeing. I love how she loves to rest her head in our hands while getting some burps out and then completely limply passes out in that same position without fail. I honestly feel like I could burst with how much I adore our little angel already. So immediate, so consuming, so irresistible is our love for her! I cannot imagine how we ever survived without her spirit in our lives and I'm so grateful that she is here now!
Love you so much, little Avie-girl!





6 Comments:
Oh kar, she is so precious! I definitely see
Some red in her hair!! :). Hang in there, the craziness will slow down and just as it always does, life becomes it's new normal.
it WILL get easier. You will be amazed that even in a week or two, how your NEW GROOVE falls into place. For now just enjoy being homebound, and having an excuse to be lazy! ANd don't ever doubt that you are a FANTASTIC MOM!!!!
love you
Why is it your posts always bring out my tears? You have such a sensitive and gentle way of relection. I must say, your 3 girls are SUCH FORTUNATE GALS to have you for their MOM! I must admit, one grandma here can just get a huge chuckle from your current and temporty craziness!!
She is SO pretty! I am not looking forward to trying to get out the door with 3 in tow...not now, but one day down the road! You are AWESOME!
She is simply adorable! I hope that your normality comes back real soon. I think that I finally hit normal at about a month and then we were in our routine and now I love it. Your pictures are always wonderful and I wish I could get pics like that!
She is so beautiful! Your story about getting out the door for the doctor makes me a little nervous. I have a hard time getting two kids ready and where we need to be on time, but three?! Yikes. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home