Oh boy (or girl)!
Oh my goodness, have you seen my ticker lately? We are in the home stretch in this pregnancy and it is all happening so fast! Sooooo fast! But let's be honest, it's not like time is flying because I FORGET that I'm pregnant. No, I am reminded of that almost every waking minute of the day because yes, we have reached the UNCOMFORTABLE phase! Yowza!
Just went to see the doc a few days ago and even though I have had some dang good braxton hicks contractions in the past few weeks, there is zero progression. Little baby girl is still quite high up, but is head down now (hoping she stays that way), measuring right on track, and there is no dilation or anything happening. Chris was positive that I was going to have some progression because he isn't sure how my stomach can possibly stretch any farther! I have to agree with him! How on earth is this little angel going to grow anymore?! I'm huge, needless to say! Picture to prove it below.
Ok, so we are about 37 weeks now. Baby girl is still moving a LOT and now it is just a lot more uncomfortable and her kicks and punches are a lot stronger and most of the time in my ribs -- ouch! Sleep is horrible -- between the crazy dreams, 20 trips to the bathroom, and hip and shoulder on my left side falling asleep and going numb, is it really possible to be doing much sleeping?! It takes me about 3 hours to get ready every day because NOTHING fits and I just stand there and stare at the clothes in my closet, wondering if it is really ok to wear sweats EVERY SINGLE DAY! And you know what? It is ok! I'll take comfort over fashion any day of the week at this point! Face is huge like last time and if the tummy gets any bigger, I think it will pop. Really, I need to investigate to see if that has ever happened, because I may be the first person to experience it! :)
Ok, all complaining aside, though, I actually AM enjoying these last few weeks of cooking our little baby bun! I feel relatively good and my energy is still sticking around, thank goodness! I can't express the chills of excitement I get on a daily basis, daydreaming about what she is going to look like, craving that new smell, wanting to feel that tiny person in my arms! I am soooo excited for her to come! It is like Christmas all over again! I have been in total baby mode, getting out all the clothes and blankets and bibs, washing everything and getting it all into drawers and closets, stopping regularly to smell things and remember the other girls wearing many of the same things and being completely baffled as to how those phases of our lives passed so quickly! There really is nothing in the world like having a brand new, fresh-from-heaven little life in the home and I am longing for her to get here...soon!
I am nervous, FOR SURE, about having 3 kids so young and so close in age (three kids three and under, remember?!). There are days where I literally have NO clue how I will ever get one thing done or ever leave the house and on days where one or both of the girls are particularly needy, I wonder how I will be able to handle a newborn baby on top of the ever present needs of these other two beauties. And it really doesn't help that EVERY single person who has three kids tells me how hard it is (and their kids are not as close in age or as young). But I can say that I have been blessed with a reassuring peace this time around that somehow things will be ok. I'm sure there will be insane days and too many days where I don't see the shower or the outside of these walls. But just having this little girl added to our family will make up for that, I know. And I am so excited to see how Kaiya and Taylor love her and welcome her. Hopefully there will not be a lot of jealousy and I'm really thankful that they have each other this time around to get through the transition.
So, the countdown is on and I know this little one will be here sooner than we can believe! I hope we are ready (are you ever?!) and as long as she is healthy and strong, things will all work out wonderfully! Tick, tock, tick, tock... (seriously, why do I continue to take these pictures and torture myself?!)





7 Comments:
YIPPEE! You are almost there. BELIEVE ME you will miss what little sleep you get right now. I am in survival mode, but it is all worth it when you get to hold the precious baby in your arms. I can't wait for your post where you show what she looks like. The one way that I survive is I do not plan ANYTHING until after 11 am. The reasoning is he sleeps better in the morning so that is when I need to sleep.
I'd just like to leave an "amen" to all that you wrote here. Last couple weeks are the worst. I'm convinced that's how we get convinced to go through just about anything to get the blasted baby out.
Your fat friend in sweats-Leah
oh my word karli, you are so cute pregnant!
I think this is my "treat" to share this pregnancy with you and yes, I agree that you are darling pregnant!!
I have to tell you that 3 kids under 3 is doable! Cooper turned 4 a month after Amelia was born, so we had the 3 under 3 too. Then we had Nataley 2o months later. Some days are hard, for sure, but as they've gotten older, I've loved having them so close.
You're such a great mom! It certainly isn't the easiest, but it's not the hardest either. You can totally handle it! It always works out. :)
So close...just remember that babies actually only "drop" days before with the first baby. After that, your body knows what to do, so they don't drop until labor - so that is no indicator of progression. Watch your emotions, they'll be the best indication! Good luck, Karli! Love you!
LOVE IT KAR!! You are looking more beautiful than ever! I can't wait to meet her :)
Post a Comment
<< Home