RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: A very thankful Thanksgiving!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A very thankful Thanksgiving!

We had such a wonderful LONG Thanksgiving weekend last week and I truly felt so much gratitude in my heart for the many blessings that I have been given! A girl shouldn't be so lucky!

We were grateful to be able to see both sides of our family on Thursday and spent the day just enjoying being together! The kids were such troopers for such a long day with no naps and we came home tired, but so happy to be apart of such wonderful families!

We spent the first half of the day with my family, where we enjoyed all the trimmings of the feast! My mom did not disappoint this year -- everything was PERFECTLY wonderful! I was only wishing I had more room in this crowded belly of mine for more! I fill up real quick these days, though, which I guess isn't the worst thing in the world! But man, the food was all so yummy! We enjoyed a little skit put on by the grandkids about the true meaning of Thanksgiving, which was so cute and such a good idea by my parents! The adults later sat around the table sharing some personal feelings with one another about the many things we all are grateful for and then the kiddies all got to go on a special "grandpa scavenger hunt" (grandpa is so good at these!) to find their cousin Jake's birthday presents. Finally, my mom and sisters and I got a few quiet moments to sit around the table and start our neighborhood gifts for this year and of course to get in some good chatting time in the mean time! It was really such a great day to be together!
Then it was off to Chris' parents house where we were able to catch a few of his siblings before they had to head home. We enjoyed some delicious desserts and had a lot of time to sit around and talk and catch up with one another. The kids were a little shot at this point -- Taylor getting really tired and Kaiya getting really loopy (an indication that she too is tired), but they were appeased by all of the fun toys Grandma keeps in her closet! I so appreciated being able to be there and in spending time with that side of our family!

Our family has so much to be thankful for. We had our "I Am Thankful For..." jar out all month and it was filled to the brim with all of the things we thought about throughout the month that we had to be thankful for. This is a tradition that I really love because it helps us notice the little things throughout our daily lives that bring us joy and happiness. Simple things like hearing Kaiya's sweet voice singing to Taylor as they play upstairs, or the sound of Chris coming in the door from work, or the kicks of our little baby girl. We know the source of each and every blessing we have, our Father in Heaven, and we truly feel so blessed by His hands.

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well and are getting as excited as we are for the continuing holiday season! Oh man, Christmas is in FULL effect around here and we are having so much fun with it! Even the feet of snow we have gotten in the past few weeks is adding to the spirit and it looks so pretty! Happy Holidays!

3 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

I love the skit idea! Your Mom is such a fun Grandma. If none of your neighbors are checking out your blog, you should share what you are doing for the neighborhood gifts. I have yet to even think about them this year, but have to get on the ball. I also love the thankful jar idea. I think I will have to use that one next year.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Diane and Allan said...

Great summary of a truly wonderful Thanksgiving season. We had such a beautiful day together.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oh my goodness!! What a fun Thanksgiving for you guys! How are you?? When can we see you guys? I tried calling you last week again, this phone tag is ridiculous. Can we mark something on the calenders for January? Mark it with pen so we actually make it happen? :) MIss you guys like crazy!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones