RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Some funnies

Monday, January 17, 2011

Some funnies

Some funnies from the last few days at the G house!

Chris is such a great dad for girls! He really is so helpful, but let's be honest, there are some things that dad's just don't quite get when it comes to their daughters...such as doing hair (I've resigned myself to the fact that this will be my lot in life for the next SEVERAL years -- hair, hair, and more hair!), or picking out outfits. For this reason, Chris and I have established a really good routine of me getting the girls clothes out and he is wonderful about getting them dressed. Normally, he is able to do this without too many problems (he has even learned that tights go on before you snap on the onesies, etc.). Today, it didn't work out so well! I heard him in the other room laughing really hard and then in comes Kaiya and Taylor. I was in stitches! He had mixed up their clothes and Kaiya was wearing Taylor's outfit and vice versa. It was hilarious. The girls didn't quite understand what was going on and poor Kaiya looked so uncomfortable! He said he thought maybe I had bought Kaiya some really skinny capris, but then when he put her clothes on Taylor, he knew something wasn't right! Oh it was awesome! Good job, honey -- you rock!
The other night, we were sitting at dinner and we were asking Kaiya what she has been learning about in Primary. She got this really pensive look on her face, put her finger up to her chin and says, "hmmmm". Then she looks up and says, "Can I help you?" Now every time we ask her about what she has been learning about, she does the whole routine! Too funny!

A few nights ago, we were saying family prayer. We have been trying to help Taylor say prayers, which consists of us saying something and her repeating it. So, Chris said, "We're thankful for Jesus..." to which Taylor responds very excitedly, "AMEN!" Every time we would try to get her to repeat us saying we are thankful for Jesus, she kept saying, "AMEN" in response. We tried 4 or 5 times and each time, her "AMENS" got more and more impatient. She couldn't figure out why we weren't finishing the prayer!

We were grocery shopping today and a cute, old man came up to Kaiya and says, "Now you be a good girl and listen to what your mom and dad tell you to do and you will grow up to be a wonderful person." Kaiya looked at him kind of strange and says, "Um, ok, thank you! Bye!"

I'm not sure where she learned this, but lately, Kaiya will walk up to anyone and everyone, complete strangers, and say, "Hi! I had a birthday!" (um, her birthday was 6 months ago!) So, of course everyone tells her "Happy Birthday" when she says that to them and I don't have the heart to tell them it's not even close to her birthday!

Earlier today, Chris and I were being a little vulgar and were having a burping contest. Every time one of us would burp, Kaiya would yell, "EXCUSE ME!!"

Every time we tell Taylor to go find her bottle if she wants a drink (since she leaves it in every nook and cranny in our house), she says, "I LOSH IT" (I lost it).

So grateful for the laughter that fills our lives each day! Don't ever want to take for granted the funny things the kids say and do!

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane and Allan said...

Oh, I love Kaiya's "pose" in her baby-prees! Good thing you got that one. Taylor doesn't look too amused!

8:22 PM  
Blogger britt said...

I wish I was better at documenting the funny things my kids say, because there is definitely an abundance of them!! too funny. the clothes mix up was my most favorite. Kaipo actually as done that several times. I lay th boys clothes our on SUnday on my bed, and he will come out with Ash's on and I am like did you NOT notice?!?!
hilarious.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Elisa said...

So funny, I totally understand the clothes and hair thing. Some of the outfits Mike puts on Calli just crack me up. This has got to be my favorite Kaiya in those pants. I will smile about this all day.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones