BIRTH day eve!
Yes indeed, it's BIRTH day eve here at the G house and I keep thinking the day should feel so different with such a big event looming. But thankfully, it feels sooooo totally normal! I think I need the normal so that I don't turn into a basket case about tomorrow!
In normal Monday style, I was awakened by the sound of cute hubby getting ready for work and the sound of little Tay in her crib chucking her bottle over the side and jumping around on her mattress shouting, "milk, milk please" just like she does every single morning! I went in and played peek-a-boo with her through the crib slats, just like we do every morning. I heard Kaiya a little later, waking up and reading her books in her room. Her voice sounded so perfectly sweet just like it does every morning. I took the girls grocery shopping -- in my sweats, of course -- and the girls were so, so good. It was actually FUN! Bless them. Then, we went on a drive and came home to play. We had lunch with daddy, a highlight of our day, just like it is every day! There were naps for all of us (myself included -- I need all the rest I can for the work tomorrow), a doctor's appointment to check one last time on baby girl, and then the evening to spend together as a family. Picked up some Cafe Rio and just enjoyed playing together and hanging out. Then jammies, teeth-brushing, stories read, prayers said, just like every night. But the hugs were a little bit longer. The kisses a little more smothering. The feelings a little more sensitive, knowing I won't be seeing these two cuties for a few days and the next time I do, we will have someone new to introduce!
So, I get ready for a night of probably not much sleep, mixed with anticipation, and a lot of tender feelings for the two sleeping beauties, warm in their beds, and prayers that all will be well for all THREE of my girls tomorrow! And much gratitude for the "normal" wonderful day I was able to spend with my family, as it is now, before it changes tomorrow! How I love each of them so deeply! And happy updates to come in the next few days and one more little G girl making her debut! Here we go!





4 Comments:
It'll be great! Good luck with everything. Love you.
Good luck and we can't wait to see your new little cutie!
How exciting! Can't wait to see pictures. Your girls will adore her. I never had the privledge of going to the hospital not in labor. I hope you got some rest.
Hope all went great! Can't wait to see the newest princess!
Post a Comment
<< Home