Three years ago today...
And the memories and feelings and emotions are just as vibrant and real and special as they were on that special day.
Three years ago today, we went to the temple with our sweet, sweet little Kaiya to have her sealed to our family for eternity.
Three years ago yesterday, we were in court, finalizing her adoption.
I don't think there has ever been a happier, more eventful, more emotional weekend in my life.
There really and truly is not one single day that has gone by since then that we haven't thanked our Heavenly Father for the miracle of her life and her adoption. Not a day has gone by that we haven't thanked Him for Jessika, for her selfless decision that is still incomprehensible to me, for what what she has given to our family and to Kaiya. There is not a day that has gone by since that we haven't felt like we won the lottery when it comes to such a simple, beautiful, uncomplicated adoption and a treasured relationship with such a beautiful birth mother.
For six months after Kaiya was born, we waited. We enjoyed every minute of her and the newness of being parents and having the most perfect little life joined to ours. But there was always that anticipation in my heart for the day when it would all become final and the day that we would join her to our family for eternity in the House of the Lord. I envisioned what that day would feel like, but when the day actually came, the reality of it was so much more than I ever could have anticipated. I thought my heart could not handle the love, the emotion, the depth of gratitude I felt for the honor of being Kaiya's mother, of being Chris' wife, of being a family. Still to this day, three years later, I have not ever been able to find adequate words to describe how powerful that experience was. Some things, though you try, are meant to stay wrapped up in your heart where they keep their purity, untainted by your attempts to give words to them. I will cherish the experience for the rest of my life, in my heart, in my memories, and every time I look at the beautiful face of my daughter.
Also incomprehensible to me is how in three years since that time, we have miraculously been blessed to add two more lives to this eternal family of ours. If you would have told me then all that was to come...A loving Heavenly Father with a plan for our family. A plan that we now get to watch unfold with all its' wonder and beauty and miraculous experiences. But before all that, one special little girl that needed to come to our family first. Two beautiful sisters left to wait a little longer with their Heavenly Father while their big sister found our family. Kaiya, needing to come in her own special way, to be the oldest, to be the example, to be the first. I love every piece of our story. I love every member of our family, joined to us in their own special way. I love this time of year, every year, to reflect on the joy that was ours on this day three years ago, and the joy that has been ours every day since. How blessed we are. How privileged I feel to be Kaiya's mother. To be Taylor's mother. To be Avery's mother. So much has happened in three years. I have so much to be thankful for.
We have loved you from the day we met your birth mother, Kaiya (and we have loved Jessika every day since then as well). We have not been able to get enough of your sweetness every day since your birth. We have cherished knowing that you are part of our eternal family every day since our sealing three years ago!
Love you so much, Kaiya-bear!

Three years ago today, we went to the temple with our sweet, sweet little Kaiya to have her sealed to our family for eternity.
Three years ago yesterday, we were in court, finalizing her adoption.
I don't think there has ever been a happier, more eventful, more emotional weekend in my life.There really and truly is not one single day that has gone by since then that we haven't thanked our Heavenly Father for the miracle of her life and her adoption. Not a day has gone by that we haven't thanked Him for Jessika, for her selfless decision that is still incomprehensible to me, for what what she has given to our family and to Kaiya. There is not a day that has gone by since that we haven't felt like we won the lottery when it comes to such a simple, beautiful, uncomplicated adoption and a treasured relationship with such a beautiful birth mother.
For six months after Kaiya was born, we waited. We enjoyed every minute of her and the newness of being parents and having the most perfect little life joined to ours. But there was always that anticipation in my heart for the day when it would all become final and the day that we would join her to our family for eternity in the House of the Lord. I envisioned what that day would feel like, but when the day actually came, the reality of it was so much more than I ever could have anticipated. I thought my heart could not handle the love, the emotion, the depth of gratitude I felt for the honor of being Kaiya's mother, of being Chris' wife, of being a family. Still to this day, three years later, I have not ever been able to find adequate words to describe how powerful that experience was. Some things, though you try, are meant to stay wrapped up in your heart where they keep their purity, untainted by your attempts to give words to them. I will cherish the experience for the rest of my life, in my heart, in my memories, and every time I look at the beautiful face of my daughter.
Also incomprehensible to me is how in three years since that time, we have miraculously been blessed to add two more lives to this eternal family of ours. If you would have told me then all that was to come...A loving Heavenly Father with a plan for our family. A plan that we now get to watch unfold with all its' wonder and beauty and miraculous experiences. But before all that, one special little girl that needed to come to our family first. Two beautiful sisters left to wait a little longer with their Heavenly Father while their big sister found our family. Kaiya, needing to come in her own special way, to be the oldest, to be the example, to be the first. I love every piece of our story. I love every member of our family, joined to us in their own special way. I love this time of year, every year, to reflect on the joy that was ours on this day three years ago, and the joy that has been ours every day since. How blessed we are. How privileged I feel to be Kaiya's mother. To be Taylor's mother. To be Avery's mother. So much has happened in three years. I have so much to be thankful for.
We have loved you from the day we met your birth mother, Kaiya (and we have loved Jessika every day since then as well). We have not been able to get enough of your sweetness every day since your birth. We have cherished knowing that you are part of our eternal family every day since our sealing three years ago!
Love you so much, Kaiya-bear!






4 Comments:
The miracle of Kaiya never grows dim. I was thinking of her sealing yesterday and knew it must be close as we were in the MTC at the time. Isn't a blessing to know the Lord is always in charge and to move foward with complete TRUST.
Kar it's crazy to think that 3 years have gone by. . I want you to know how thankful n blessed i am for havein you n chris! For the realtionship we have n the realtionship you guys left me have with kai, I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH!
She was such a precious cutie then, such a precious girl now!
I'm bawling again. I'm pretty sure it's a combination of the pregnancy hormones, the Spirit and the love I have for you and your sweet family, Karli.
You and Chris are wonderful people and I'm not surprised one bit by how much you've been blessed. The Lord blesses those who are obedient and you two are awesome examples.
Such beautiful memories and pictures!
Post a Comment
<< Home