RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Fond (and sad) good-bye's

Friday, March 04, 2011

Fond (and sad) good-bye's

Today my parents are on their way to Germany to start their 18 month mission for our church. They will be overseeing young adult centers all throughout Europe and will get to travel a ton to some really incredible places! It will be such an amazing experience for them and I truly am excited and thrilled for this opportunity for them! And they will serve so faithfully and accomplish so much good, I have NO doubt about that. Another reason I feel so proud of them!

But then there is the other side of the emotions. I am SAD. It is always so hard to have them so close, so present in our lives and then to have to have them leave. Our kids don't understand what is happening yet, but I know in the days to come when they ask to go see Grandma and Grandpa a million times like they usually do, that's when it will feel sad that I have to tell them that Grandma and Grandpa are gone on their long trip! The girls will miss them so much, as will Chris and I. It's crazy to think that Avery will be 1 1/2 years old -- walking and talking when they get home! Kaiya will be starting kindergarten. And Taylor will be in preschool! WOW!

We said our good-bye's a few days ago and had such a wonderful time together. We met up for lunch and ice cream with my sis and were just able to spend a good few hours talking and enjoying our last little bit of time together. I was dreading having to say bye, but thankfully, it wasn't as hard as I thought. It was softened by my sincere excitement for them and knowing that the Lord will take such good care of them. I miss them so much already. I hate that I can't just pick up the phone and talk like I normally do. I absolutely HATE the thought that I won't be seeing them again for so long. Their absence will be noticed, that's for sure!

But mom and dad, we will look forward to our Skype talks and hearing about all your adventures! You have every ounce of our support and love and we are so proud of you and so grateful for your example to our family! Good luck! Love you so much!

3 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

How exciting! I am glad that you are feeling better so you could go. What fun pics.

3:41 PM  
Blogger britt said...

my thoughts exactly!! I can't wait to hear from them! thanks for getting those pics too.

9:16 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

Awww, I'm sad but very excited and happy for them at the same time. They seem like the best people!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones