RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Tickling my funny bone

Monday, March 21, 2011

Tickling my funny bone

Last night, Taylor came up to me and said, "Where's Afe-er-ee (that's how she says her name)?" I said, "I don't know, where is she, Taylor?" Taylor then asks, "You boshed it (you lost it)?" It was so cute and funny! She thought I lost Avery!

Kaiya was looking at this app that Chris has on his phone where you can take a picture of someone and then do all sorts of crazy contortions to the face. It's pretty funny. Anyway, he had done some crazy thing to a picture of Kaiya and she puts her hands on her hips and says, "Hey, what's going on here?!" Then he did another crazy contortion to the picture and she says very matter of factly, "Hmmm, that's amazing."

Kaiya is LOVING Primary at church. And she is constantly walking around singing all the new songs she is learning there. Yesterday, she was pulling around her little play dog, singing "Do As I'm Doing", stomping feet and all. It is so cute to see her growing up! I still cannot believe she is in Primary!

The other day Kaiya was bossing Taylor around, like usual, and Taylor was not listening to her. So, I hear Kaiya say to her, "I'm the mom and I'm sick of this!" Hmmm, that may be a quote from her parents that she has heard one too many times!

Every morning when the girls wake up and see each other for the first time, they greet each other with "Good morning, Taylor!" and "Hi Kaiya!" And they say it with such total excitement. It warms my heart!

The other night before bed, Kaiya was upstairs playing quietly. So, I went up to see what she was up to and found her in her tent with a stack of books about up to the ceiling, just quietly reading away. A few nights later, I went up to get her for bed and found her again with a stack of books next to her and she was holding a book up like a teacher does when she's reading to the class, reading to her stuffed animals. It was about the cutest thing ever. She sure loves her books!

Taylor loves to come up to Avery and say, "Soft, Afe-er-ee!" while petting her head. And she is surprisingly gentle with her sister, thank goodness!

When Taylor sees Chase, she always says, "Hi Chasee Chase, good boy!"

Love these funny little girls!

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane and Allan said...

Oh thank you for posting all the cute and pretty thought provoking things those girls say. I tried to hear their little voices in my head as I read them and wanted some big hugs! Yikes

2:22 PM  
Blogger britt said...

I need to be better about writing down things my kids say. YOU are so good to take the time to remember the simple things, that will be so fun and memorable down the road!!
And entertaining for others, like me, to read :) thx

8:50 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

I love your posts Karlie! You have the cutest way of writing your life story! I love it!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

I LOVE your posts Karlie! You have the cutest way of writing your life story!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones