She keeps smiling!
Oh this poor little Bubsy!
This post feels like deja vu from a few years ago, without a doubt! We have had quite the week with Avie this week. Her reflux has gotten so bad. It is so, so similar to Taylor. I am glad I blogged about it back then because going back and looking at what was happening with Taylor at certain weeks has been a really good reference in dealing with the reflux with Avery this time around. It's nice to look back and see what we were trying that was working for Taylor, even though I know all kids are different and react differently to things. These two girls have been very similar, though, in their reflux-ing! We started Avery on Zantac today, as recommended by her doctor. We will see in the next 3-4 days if it is helping at all. If not, then we may try Prevacid, which is what Taylor took for awhile. The medication won't do anything for the constant spitting up, but is supposed to help with the pain it causes. It just kills me to see Avery in constant pain. She is so uncomfortable and I feel so helpless! With Taylor, the worst of the reflux pain peaked at about 6-7 weeks and that's where we are with Avery right now. It seemed to get a lot better around 2 months, so we'll wait and see. She has also gone from giving us 4-6 hour stretches of sleep at night to now about 2-3 hour stretches. She wakes up just screaming in pain. It's awful. And we are TIRED! Can't wait for sleep to return! But we try to squeeze in some moments when we can!
(Did I mention that I have the best husband in the world who gets up so much at night with Avery to let me get some rest? He is such a good daddy and I would die without all of the help he offers!)
Anyway, the one thing I can say about cute, sweet Miss Bubsy is that she still keeps smiling, even through all that pain! Again, just like Taylor. She is the smiliest little babe and even though she is spending a lot of time crying these days too, when she's not dealing with the pain, she has a huge smile on her face. She really is trying so hard to be happy! She is getting so interactive too, responding to our smiles with her own and just being so alert and curious about anything that comes into her vision! I have a feeling that once we can get this reflux under control, she is going to be smiling non-stop! Until then, we get to enjoy these beautiful intermittent grins to let us know that she's feeling good for the moment! I love her sweet, kissable cheeks and the dimples that give nice exclamation to her glowing grin! She is just the sweetest little girl and we are anxious to help her feel better soon!
(I always have to laugh when I see pics of Avery and of Taylor when she was a baby. They ALWAYS have blankets underneath them, bibs on, and blankets surrounding them -- you have to constantly arm yourself and cover whatever they lay on for the abundance of spit that is sure to come!)
Cross your fingers for us that we can find a solution for Bubsy soon!
This post feels like deja vu from a few years ago, without a doubt! We have had quite the week with Avie this week. Her reflux has gotten so bad. It is so, so similar to Taylor. I am glad I blogged about it back then because going back and looking at what was happening with Taylor at certain weeks has been a really good reference in dealing with the reflux with Avery this time around. It's nice to look back and see what we were trying that was working for Taylor, even though I know all kids are different and react differently to things. These two girls have been very similar, though, in their reflux-ing! We started Avery on Zantac today, as recommended by her doctor. We will see in the next 3-4 days if it is helping at all. If not, then we may try Prevacid, which is what Taylor took for awhile. The medication won't do anything for the constant spitting up, but is supposed to help with the pain it causes. It just kills me to see Avery in constant pain. She is so uncomfortable and I feel so helpless! With Taylor, the worst of the reflux pain peaked at about 6-7 weeks and that's where we are with Avery right now. It seemed to get a lot better around 2 months, so we'll wait and see. She has also gone from giving us 4-6 hour stretches of sleep at night to now about 2-3 hour stretches. She wakes up just screaming in pain. It's awful. And we are TIRED! Can't wait for sleep to return! But we try to squeeze in some moments when we can!
(Did I mention that I have the best husband in the world who gets up so much at night with Avery to let me get some rest? He is such a good daddy and I would die without all of the help he offers!)
(I always have to laugh when I see pics of Avery and of Taylor when she was a baby. They ALWAYS have blankets underneath them, bibs on, and blankets surrounding them -- you have to constantly arm yourself and cover whatever they lay on for the abundance of spit that is sure to come!)





7 Comments:
Oh Kar, I'm so sad to hear that. I hope things get better soon!! She is so cute! I see a ton of you in her, is it just me? I hope I can come see her soon... I'm dying to hold her!!
Oh Man, that would be HARD!! I hope you get some relief soon!
That dimple is to die for! She is so cute!
I have been meaning to ask you if you want any quotes or any vinyl for the girls walls. I'd love to cut and send you some as a little baby gift (belated) :-) Email me.
k, you probably already went through this, but did you check to see if she was allergic to anything? They thought it was severe reflux with Eddie too, turned out to be food allergies. If I had known, I would have cut out all that stuff from my diet so my milk would have been ok. It's so hard to see them hurting! Hopefully it's just reflux that meds can help and she will outgrow it. Celiac and food allergies are kinda a pain. Good luck!
Oh, baby girl, we are so sorry that you have the "plague". Isn't it bizarre that 2 of your girls would have that. We hope that it soon will pass for EVERYONES sake.
I hope that it works for you and that she feels better real soon. What cute smiles!
Oh, reflux... poor baby girl (and poor mommy!) We went through severe reflux with our youngest, and it was so hard on her. Zantac worked for us, so hopefully it will provide Miss A with the relief she needs!
And I smile looking at our little girl's baby pics, she is wearing a bib in every single one :-)
Kar, I wish we were closer to each other because I would regularly offer to take your girls so you could get some rest (and quiet). I hope THIS too will pass SOOOONNN!!
It has been too long, she is changing too much. We really need to get together. Maybe next week, when my kids have spring break we can come up?!
Post a Comment
<< Home