RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Hot off the ultrasound...

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Hot off the ultrasound...

Today was the big day for gender revealing ultrasound...and it was a good one!! Delicious actually!

Any guesses?

Anyone?

What could it be?

If you asked Kaiya before we went in today, she had the right answer!

If you asked me before we went in today, I would have told you I had ZERO feelings either way.

If you had asked Chris this morning before we went in (though he kept this little secret from me until after we found out), he had a feeling he knew. And he was right too!

If you asked this little baby, they would have told you that they were having too much fun rolling around and crossing their legs, trying to hide from us for most of the ultrasound! What a little joker already!

Ok, so here it is...hot off the ultrasound...

Baby #3 is a................................G to the I to the R to the L!!

Yesseree, we are making girls like they are going out of style in the G house! Apparently we are just too good at this so we welcome another female into the family! Considering that most of my side of the family is made up of boy cousins, it is apparently going to be up to us to try and balance us out! And we are well on our way!

As much as we had those curious feelings of what it would be like to have a boy around here (other than daddy and our pup Chase, of course), now that we have seen our 3rd little woman, we could not be more thrilled!! How fun will it be to have a house full of girls?! Sure there will be MASSIVE amounts of hormones and probably a lot of crying. We will probably need to buy stock in feminine products and hairspray. The clothing budget alone will send us to bankruptcy. But there will also be so much sweetness oozing inside the walls of our home and 3 girls who will hopefully be the closest of friends, especially since there will only be just over 3 years apart between all of them! I love that. Love, love, love that they will have each other! Just melts my heart! I picture daddy/daughter dates where daddy is for sure the luckiest guy in the world. I picture mom/sister get-a-ways for years to come. I picture endless amounts of talking, the way girls do it best. It is just going to be so much fun and I feel so honored to be the mom to 3 beauties!!

It's funny how before you know, you really evaluate how you would feel about either gender. And in complete honesty, we were totally good either way as long as they were healthy. But then you find out and you feel a totally different sense of bonding to the baby inside. Like now, we can call it "she". Now we can start narrowing down names. Now we know her just a little bit more. And now it again, just like it did when we found about the other two girls, feels soooo totally right. Like there was never any question that this baby was supposed to be a girl! It's such a reassuring, sweet feeling and I can't imagine it being any other way now!

Besides the big gender reveal, we also got to see the most beautiful, healthy little baby growing inside. She was so wiggly today and I loved every somersault, hand wave, foot kick, and roll she did! We saw both of her little feet. We saw the healthiest little heart beating so fast and hard. We saw the most perfectly shaped little head and even the brain developing inside. We saw her little beautiful hand waving to us. We saw her face, full on and her beautiful profile. We saw the cutest little tushy when she got shy and rolled away. Ohhh my goodness, I kind-of want to be Tom Cruise and buy my own ultrasound machine because I could literally sit and stare at her all day long! (I REALLY don't wan to be Tom Cruise, but the ultrasound machine would be fantastic!). We also got to see the look of wonder on Kaiya's face as she held my hand and watched the t.v. That was pretty sweet, I must say, and all day since then, she has been kissing my belly and saying, "hi girl!" So funny!

There is such a complete sense of relief and wonder when you see a healthy, strong life inside. I haven't felt her move yet, but to be able to SEE it happening on the screen is just the most incredible thing in the world. It's a moment of perspective that almost catches me off guard, how intense it is. That there is nothing else in the entire world that matters like the health of your children, seeing that heart beating, watching their movements, seeing their organs and everything functioning as they should, their growth happening on target. That the miracle of life is beyond comprehension. That immediately, you realize that you would and will do anything and everything in your power to keep that baby safe inside for a short time and then safe in the outside world once they are born. It is almost bafflingly wonderful to think of what is happening inside, what has happened to bring that life here, where their little spirits have been. It will take me a few days to really let it all sink in. I'm so beyond grateful to have this gift again, words just can't express it.


So, even though we are very much up to our necks in all things girl around here, I think I will indulge a little and get some new GIRL stuff around here. After two girls, I am really quite sick of looking at all the same stuff, know what I mean? Plus I'm pretty sure Taylor ruined everything we have with her reflux. That's a good excuse!! I think it's gonna be a fun few months to come! Thanks for letting me share the exciting news!

**Oh and to top off the wonderful day it has been, we found out today that our little niece, Ella, gets to go off her chemotherapy and medication and have her port removed in a few weeks. She is in the clear now and will be checked every 3 months just to make sure! Seriously, such GREAT news for our whole family! This little girl has been through the ringer and it is such a relief that she has made a full recovery!

10 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

YEAH!!! so thrilled for you guys!! You are going to be the most popular house on the block for all those boys to visit ;). So happy all looks well, that's always the best part. Can't wait to meet your 3rd princess!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow- definitely quite different from my house with all these boys running around. However- we are making them the perfect fit for arranged marriages:) HA- so glad that everything looks healthy and great.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

How exciting! You will LOVE having three girls. I am so scared to have such a change in my family, but I know that it will be wonderful! That is so fun that Kaiya was able to be there with you, how special.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

How fun! It's a blast to have triple girls around! They'll be great friends! I'm so glad you're feeling better.

8:51 PM  
Blogger britt said...

Great news Kar! Goods thing YOU guys know how to make all those girls. What fun times ahead for the Grover family. So happy to hear all is well with your little precious girl :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

CONGRATULATIONS GROVERS !!
We are so happy for the nest of girls you are filling, and YES it is evening out the boy/girl ratio in the family !

6:42 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hooray! Congratulations, I hope Chris will be able to keep up with all of the estrogen in the house:)

8:31 AM  
Blogger Tabitha said...

So exciting for you and your family!! You have such a wonderful way of writing about your feelings and just writing in general.... it just makes me feel like I want a baby now!! Congrats!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Ani said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! What fun - sisters!!!!!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

I was just telling Lindy that I wondered what you are having and she was like "a girl". I freaked out because I had somehow missed this post! ! I am thrilled! !! of course ao happy she is healthy, but also that I have you joining my club!!! I absolutely love having three girls (not that I know a difference)! hooray for sisters!! hope you're feeling okay. pregnancy is hard work! love you lots!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones