So much has changed...
We had a good laugh about our anniversary yesterday. We have some fun things planned later in the week to really celebrate, thank goodness. But yesterday, oh my goodness, it was quite comical!
Picture the romance...trust me, it won't be hard:
Wasted three hours in the car with two screaming kids (had to drive down south to check on some stuff for our car). Taylor literally did not stop screaming for a full 45 minutes. We just looked at each other and smiled and counted down the minutes until we could get out of the car and away from the screaming!
Had plans to at least go out to eat, even if it was with the kids (no babysitter). As we got ready to do so, Kaiya was throwing a major tantrum, so rather than battle that at dinner, we stayed home.
Ordered pizza to eat. Before it even arrived at the house, I could feel the puke coming. Ate half a slice of pizza anyway. Barely made it to the sink before it was all coming back up. Chris comes over to hold my hair back and rub my back. I mean seriously, people, are you catching the romance in this anniversary?! It's just oozing out, isn't it! Nothing says I love you like screaming, grouchy kids and watching your wife puke up her guts!
At least I KNOW that my man loves me...he was willing to spend THAT kind of anniversary with me! Thank goodness we have something fun planned later this week...alone!!
Soooo much has changed in eight years, that's all I can say! At least we can laugh about it!
Picture the romance...trust me, it won't be hard:
Wasted three hours in the car with two screaming kids (had to drive down south to check on some stuff for our car). Taylor literally did not stop screaming for a full 45 minutes. We just looked at each other and smiled and counted down the minutes until we could get out of the car and away from the screaming!
Had plans to at least go out to eat, even if it was with the kids (no babysitter). As we got ready to do so, Kaiya was throwing a major tantrum, so rather than battle that at dinner, we stayed home.
Ordered pizza to eat. Before it even arrived at the house, I could feel the puke coming. Ate half a slice of pizza anyway. Barely made it to the sink before it was all coming back up. Chris comes over to hold my hair back and rub my back. I mean seriously, people, are you catching the romance in this anniversary?! It's just oozing out, isn't it! Nothing says I love you like screaming, grouchy kids and watching your wife puke up her guts!
At least I KNOW that my man loves me...he was willing to spend THAT kind of anniversary with me! Thank goodness we have something fun planned later this week...alone!!
Soooo much has changed in eight years, that's all I can say! At least we can laugh about it!





4 Comments:
The difference with having kids that are older and being pregnant is they are the ones holding my hair, not my hubby. :) My daughters are wonderful and if they hear me gag, they RUN into the kitchen and grab me some crackers to eat and the other holds my hair. I hope that your alone time is worth it and that you get something into your tummy also.
HILARIOUS how life changes, but eternal love NEVER does!
I am hoping and praying to one day have this kind of anniversary with someone! Hope your time alone is amazing though, we all need and deserve it sometimes :)
What a crazy day for you! They are the moments we look back at and think how did we do that?! I hope your time together this weekend is fun without any throwing up!
Post a Comment
<< Home