Now the inside
I'm finally getting around to posting some pics of the inside of our house, for those of you who have asked! You're never quite done with all the projects, but here's how things are looking now! I have been a bit lazy and haven't painted anything. Part of the reason being that when we ever finish the basement, the kids rooms will be down there so I didn't want to paint kids rooms upstairs just yet. Maybe I'll get around to adding some color to the walls to the other rooms one of these days, but for now, they are as is!
This is the front room/family room (home-teacher room, as they are sometimes known as). It is too small for too much furniture, so I decided to make it a sitting room and we keep our computer hidden away in the armoire. So, we actually do get use out of this room quite a bit!

This is the family room. I took pics at night, so they are dark, but you get the gist of it. I'm a little obsessed with orange lately, and the colors make me happy!
And the kitchen. Love every single thing about this space! In fact, it is what I initially fell in love with the first time we walked into our house. Love the buffet island that stretches on forever, the layout is perfect for me, and it is opened to the family room so that I can cook and still hang out with my family! I have had little visions of kids coming home from school and sitting at the counter to do homework or talk while I'm making them a snack! I still have empty cabinets, there is so much storage space! Love it!
The dining area is right off the kitchen. We found a table that seats 8 when the leaf is put in and it fits perfect in the space. Great natural light coming in through the windows and the most spectacular view of the mountains as we eat!
Here is Kaiya's room.
Some projects from her room -- refinished, repainted, antiqued, and put new fixtures on her dresser,
and made these rose balls that hang from her ceiling. This was a horrendous project, I must say. Love the way it turned out, so I'm glad I stuck with it, but it seriously took sooooo much time to make each of those roses and stick them all over the balls! Won't be doing that again anytime soon!
It's a sweet little girls room, and it makes Kaiya happy, so that's all I need! She was pretty mesmerized when she saw it all done for the first time and it made it all worth it!
Here is Tay's room. She is using the same bedding Kaiya did, because it is too cute to not use again! (Thanks so much, Beth, for making all of it! I love it as much as I did the day you unveiled it!) Just added a few little personal touches for the monkey! I have a great idea of using planter boxes for book shelves in her room, but haven't gotten around to those yet.
And our bedroom. I have to say how happy I am with how everything turned out in here. I had very specific ideas in my head of what I wanted and it came out pretty close to what was swimming around in there! Again, I accented with orange and also blue and lots of white. And Chris is happy because it's not too flowery feminine! Poor guys, they don't ever get much say with the bedroom! I think Chris is pretty happy with it, though!
And here is the hallway to the bedrooms. It's loaded with pictures and I will continue to add more. I wanted a wall that is just covered in memories of our family. And the quote above is definitely one of my favorites.
I still have lots of projects left with our big bonus room/play room and the basement if we ever get around to finishing that! But for now, things are very comfortable and we are really loving our new home!
Here is Tay's room. She is using the same bedding Kaiya did, because it is too cute to not use again! (Thanks so much, Beth, for making all of it! I love it as much as I did the day you unveiled it!) Just added a few little personal touches for the monkey! I have a great idea of using planter boxes for book shelves in her room, but haven't gotten around to those yet.





7 Comments:
Oh my goodness, how gorgeous! That kitchen is to DIE FOR!!!! I also love Kaiya's room, the rose balls you made are adorable, worth every second of your time. When we get our home, I will have to fly you to decorate my house for me. :)
I have some of the same orange pillows you have- I love them. I also have the same dining room table as you. You must have good taste. Your house looks great!
Glad you finally shared your wonderful decorating talents. You really have a creative touch and add just the perfect unique touch to each room. CHEERS TO YOU GIRL.
Karli, it looks FABULOUS! I can't wait to see it in person...I know I keep saying that, but I WILL come up there, you are just too good to meet me half way, or come here instead :)!! I love, love, love all of the decor, you did a great job on those flower balls, they are darling!
Wow, your home is beautiful! Your projects turned out fabulous as well, I love the ideas.
Wow. I'm completely jealous. Everything looks so nice and classy. You have a great talent, Kar. You've always had great taste and been super put-together, for as long as I've known you. You should be an interior decorator.
I LOVE that quote in the hallway. It's so sweet & fitting to your experiences.
GORGEOUS! I, too, love orange and blues...beautiful quote...can't wait to see it all in person...we GOTTA get together!
Post a Comment
<< Home