RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: A GRATEFUL mother!

Sunday, May 09, 2010

A GRATEFUL mother!

I am so overwhelmed with gratitude today.

Gratitude that we got to spend Birth Mother's Day with Jess this year. Gratitude for this remarkable, selfless, beautiful, kind, thoughtful, brave, amazing person who has changed our lives forever. Gratitude for how she loves Kaiya, for what she has done for our family. Gratitude that she made me a first-time mother. Gratitude that she gave Chris to Kaiya and Kaiya to Chris. Gratitude that she gave Taylor a big sister. Simply grateful for HER!Gratitude for my beautiful family who spoiled me rotten today, completely undeserved on my part. {Homemade cards with footprints and handprints. The most beautiful, thoughtful love note from my sweetie. A complete roast dinner, that I did not have ANYTHING to do with in preparing. Oh yeah, and strawberry shortcake for dessert, again, that I did not make! A walk in the most gorgeous weather with Chris, Kaiya, Taylor, Chase -- my family. A three (yes, THREE) hour nap, uninterrupted, laying next to my honey. We actually woke up on our own, and were not woken up to the sounds of crying kids. It was like a Mother's Day miracle that the girls slept so long and let us do the same!} Gratitude beyond words that I have been given to these girls. Gratitude that I am a mother, but not just for motherhood, a mother to THEM. Not just gratitude, I feel honored, privileged, humbled to be their mom.Gratitude for my own mother. Gratitude for her example and love and friendship.Gratitude for my girls. They are daughters now, but will be mothers someday. Kaiya is currently training and doing a pretty good job. They are beautiful, full of life and light, daughters of God.Gratitude for the many women in my life who have taught me, nurtured me, cared for me and continue to do so today.

Motherhood, womanhood is gratitude.

THANK YOU!

3 Comments:

Blogger britt said...

perfectly said! glad you had such a great day. You deserve it :)

9:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't get that nap but my day was great too. Your girls are growing quickly. THey are so cute. They are lucky to have YOU as a mother.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Glad you enjoyed your day. You are "wearing" motherhood SO nicely!!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones