An Easter tale
Considering there was still SNOW on the ground this Easter weekend from our big storm earlier in the week, we had to get a bit creative with Easter festivities with the girls this year!
The girls woke up to an Easter egg hunt in the house! We hid about 8,000 (ok, I exaggerate, but just a little) eggs all over the house. I thought Kai might have a heart attack, she was soooo excited! And she was off, grabbing eggs faster than we could keep up!
Every time she would find one she was gasp and say, "oh wow" or "oh my gosh" (yes, she says oh my gosh all the time now -- oops, I think she may have picked that up from mom :)
She was proud as punch with her finds! 
Tay tried to keep up, but kept getting distracted by her new sand box toys!
Easter weekend was also our Church's semi-annual General Conference! I feel so renewed and spiritually strengthened! It is a time of serious reflection on all that I would like to change about myself so that I can become more like Jesus Christ. I have so much love and respect for the leaders of our Church who so tirelessly lead and guide and inspire. They are mighty men and women who exhibit such humility and encouragement in the counsel.
While Chris and I were watching Conference, we needed to have a little distraction for the girls, so we took our t.v. out of the car and set it up in Kai's room where she indulged in some of her favorite movies! It was a pretty good success! Even Tay liked to go in and see what Kai was up to throughout the weekend!
Sunday evening, we had my parents and brother over for an Easter feast of ham, twice baked potatoes, zuppa tusana soup, rolls, salad, and pazookie's for dessert! Oh it was sooo yummy! And so nice to have our family over! The girls absolutely LOVE being with gma and gpa and they are so lucky to be able to see them so much!
It was such a perfect weekend to spend so much time with my family and reflect on our Savior. I love Him so much. I am so grateful for all that He went through for me and that through His resurrection, the door is opened for me to live again after death with my family. He is my perfect example and my greatest desire is to be more like Him.
HAPPY EASTER!!
HAPPY EASTER!!





5 Comments:
Thanks for making our Easter eve fun and including us in yur yummy Easter feast. It was a fitting conclusion to a wonderful Easter day of direction from our inspiring church leaders.
I need your recipe for the delish food! It sounds so good. Your Easter looks like so much fun. Mitchell and I were in Utah to see Conference so we had Easter a week ago with our girls. I am just really behind on blogging. :)
sounds like you had a great weekend and very successul egg hunt! Sad we missed seeing you!!
And Kaiya's haircut is super cute!
what the heck is pazookie?
I'm so glad you guys had fun even though the weather was bad. The pics of Taylor and Kaiya made me smile. What a funny little personality Taylor has...looking for eggs in an empty bucket. I bet Kaiya had fun finding all the eggs. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment
<< Home