RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Recommendations

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Recommendations

Ok, in the past several months, I have been sooo bad about jumping into reading any good books. We are getting ready for a trip (soooo excited!!) in about a week and I want to really lose myself in some good reads! Can I get some good recommendations of books any of you have read recently, so I can start gathering some things to read?!

Thanks!!

And I've been asking for a lot of help lately on my blog, so I just have to thank everyone so much for all the comments and emails I have received! You've given me some GREAT ideas!! Thanks, thanks, thanks!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Hey! Loved chatting for a bit yesterday. Read hunger games, it's awesome! Also, I was in activities days for a while as well, I found some great materials at Deseret that gave ideas of fun activities. Good luck!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom. Also, Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindburgh.

8:06 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

I've also heard that "Hunger Games" is really good. Haven't read it though.

I'm halfway through, "Eve and The Choice Made in Eden." Pretty enlightening.

I used to be the counselor in our Primary Presidency that was over Activity Days...loved it! Working with these young girls is a lot of fun and really important, since they're at an influential time in their lives. I found a great book at Seagull Book, "Great Ideas for Primary Activity Days" and gave it to my leaders. Also, the website: sugardoodle.net has great ideas, as well. Here's the direct link:

http://www.sugardoodle.info/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=200012

9:47 PM  
Blogger julie said...

You MUST read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. They are definitely in the top 10 on my favorite books list. It is a trilogy, books 1 and 2 are out and book 3 is coming out August 24th (can you tell I can't wait?). You can buy them pretty cheap used on Amazon.com, my favorite place to buy books :) But really, you must read them! I loved them :)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

Kar - Tim would def. agree that Hunger Games and Catching Fire (2nd book) are great, and I read them each in 1 night! Also read a lot of other books while on bedrest - Graceling was also really good, as are the Uglies series. Other non-young adult books I like: The Art of Racing in the Rain (book told from a dog's perspective), The Help, any Laurie Notaro book except There's a slight chance I might be going to hell (most are super funny, this one she tried to write a novel and it wasn't so funny), The Power of One (a little more serious, but very good). Let me know if you need any other suggestions =)

6:57 PM  
Blogger Ani said...

I'm a fan of fiction, just finished the Lost Symbol by Dan Brown - it was a fun read. I have Hunger Games sitting on my bedside table, but haven't read it... will remedy that pretty soon after reading the comments here!
I also love anything by Jodi Picoult - I just got House Rules at Cost.co :-)

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hunger games and The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Both v. good.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones