RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: A little relief

Friday, January 08, 2010

A little relief

I'm not going to lie, the past 6 weeks have been hard on me. Of course there have been the BEST of times in the midst of everything else -- my parents coming home, the holidays, etc. And those things far outweigh the grief we have been put through. But still, the frustration is ever lingering with our house situation. Have I mentioned that we were supposed to have moved on DECEMBER 1st?!?! Oh, and now it is JANUARY 8th! I don't even really know how to explain what has been happening, other than we have been dealing with some really crappy, dishonest, incompetent people who seem to take no thought for how they treat people or for the fact that they are really messing with people's lives. I want someone to be really upset with, and I have a whole list of people that I want to yell at, but the truth is, I mostly just feel completely helpless. Like there is absolutely nothing I or WE can do, but just sit back and wait for someone to tell us some good news. We packed all of our stuff Thanksgiving weekend. Which means we have literally been living out of boxes for 6 weeks. I do laundry about every other day because we all only have a few things that aren't packed to wear. On most given days, the girls are just running around in their pj's. And I usually am too! I have no idea where anything is and I'm sooo tired of looking at brown boxes scattered all over the place and cramping our lives. I know I should not be complaining. I mean, it could really be sooo much worse. We have a very comfortable and happy place to live (with my parents) while we wait. We are so lucky to be buying a home at all. We have good renters in our Provo house. So, yes, I feel very grateful for all of those things. But still, I am sooo tired of this limbo that we have been living in for the past few months. There, I got that off my chest. Now, back to waiting.

Chris is always sooo good at relieving my stress. He's a perfect balance of calmness and coolness to my worrying and stressing. He has been so sensitive to how frustrating this has been for me, even though it is equally, if not more frustrating for him. I am pretty dang lucky to have such a chilled out, kind, and thoughtful husband to be going through this with. Last week, when I was feeling bummed out about everything, Chris called one day from work and asked me to line up a babysitter, saying he had a surprise for us. My parents kindly took the girls and Chris and I got out together. He had lined up the COOLEST date for us! We showed up to our very favorite restaurant, where a helicopter came flying down to pick us up!! Right in the parking lot of the restaurant! We took the coolest helicopter ride all around the city, and the mountains, and then landed right back in the parking lot so we could walk inside to enjoy a delicious and romantic dinner together! I mean, really, how cool is that?! It was soooo fun and such a unique feel to ride in the chopper! Dinner was magnificent too! But most of all, it was just so nice to have a night together, where we were able to completely forget about all the stress with the house, and just have fun and relax. It was exactly, perfectly what I needed. I'm so grateful for the thoughtful gesture from my hubby and for the hours to just escape the stress! Thanks, babe, you're the BEST!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jamie and Family said...

Don't feel bad complaining. Sure, it could always be worse. But some things just flat out SUCK big time. Like living out of boxes for 6 weeks!!! Esp during Christmas time!

Crossing my fingers it all changes soon!

And what a fun date!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

How fun is that! What an awesome guy you have. I am curious, what is your favorite restaurant?

8:56 AM  
Blogger britt said...

what a nice stress reliever!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Asplund Family said...

You do have an AMAZING husband!

7:26 PM  
Blogger LeAnn said...

How fun!! I am glad you got a night out to relieve some of that stress! I feel like I have been going through it with you....well kind of! I am sorry, hopefully things will change soon! :)
Chris is such a good guy! what a fun night he planned....10 points for him!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

So glad that you had such a fun date. I am terrified of flying so that would not be my kind of fun. :) Wow, how frustrating. I hope that you get to move into your house soon!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Well I WON'T comment on the house senerio but what could be better than Hamiltons and the helicopter ride!! Chris is a great stress reliever.

1:52 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

Your hubby is seriously like a woman's dream man. He's always planning such fun things and is so good to you. You deserve it! I'm glad you had fun.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones