Small world
Sometimes, the world seems to shrink and you are able to make connections clear across the world! On Tuesday, I had the opportunity to meet a very, very special young woman, Vallar. Vallar is from India and has come to know my parents really well in past year. They have been working with her to help her prepare to come on a mission to Temple Square here in Utah. She has been one of the brightest highlights of their mission and they have told us so much about this special girl. She flew from India and my sister and I had the opportunity to take care of her. Britt picked her up and gave her a comfy place to sleep and then Chris and I got to take her to the MTC the next day. Can you even begin to imagine what this young woman has been through to come on her mission? Her circumstances were very humble, but her desire to come was so great that she worked so hard to overcome her challenges. She had never even been on a plane, so her 20 hour flight must have been so overwhelming. Then, landing in a foreign country, speaking a language that is different, never seeing snow and landing in a FREEZING storm, not knowing a soul. But Vallar never stopped smiling from ear to ear. She didn't even seem nervous! She is absolutely adorable and kind and humble. The thought occurred to me that she had just been in India the day before with my parents, and then here she was in America the very next day with us. Very, very small world! I'm so thankful to have made this connection with Vallar and with my parents and lucky to have met such a NEAT girl! We'll have to make a visit to Temple Square to see her!
And yes, we are still here. Our closing date on our new house keeps getting delayed and I am about ready to DIE! I just can't wait to move in! So, we continue to live out of our boxes! The girls have been so good and so patient and actually, it has been nice to just have lots of time to just hang out with them! We have cozied up inside and done lots and lots of snuggling! Can't get much better than that!
(Kaiya always asks to wear her coat. So, sometimes we appease her! She was really warm for dinner this night!)
(I absolutely LOVE these big, blue eyes!)
(could you just die over this picture! kai is busting up and tay looks scared for her life!)
(snow is magical...)

(Kaiya always asks to wear her coat. So, sometimes we appease her! She was really warm for dinner this night!)





5 Comments:
THANKS AGAIN for being such a kind and sensitive hostess for dear Vallar. She looks COLD! But your little darlings look warm and cute as usual. CAN'T WAIT for smooches (they will probably scream).
What a cool experience to be able to take someone that your parents know so well from India, to SLC!!
On another note.....I am actually GLAD that your house is not closing yet (okay I know it is selfish of me, but what can I say, I don't want you to move :) HOpe all goes well in the next few days with everything! I am going to miss you a TON!!
The world really is shrinking, and what a beautiful thing! I'm so happy Vallar got to see Temple Square and especially with YOU! Your girls are so precious, Karli. I wish you and your sweet family a merry merry Christmas. Love you.
How exciting for you to meet her. I love reading your parents blog to hear about all of their happenings while on their mission.
There you go again taking absolutely adorable pics of your cute girls. I used to think that if you had a good camera you could take good pics, which I later found to not be true. You have a true talent.
cute, cute, cute littles!
those blue eyes!!
Post a Comment
<< Home