We had a really fun Halloween this year! Since one of Tay's nicknames is "ladybug", I thought it would be fun to let the girls be twin ladybugs! That's where the costume idea came from!
First off was our ward carnival, which was lots of fun, especially for Kaiya! She got LOTS of treats -- got to decorate her own sugar cookies, went fishing for prizes, got to THROW beanbags (heaven for our little baseball player!), and stuff her face with treats. She learned quickly that if she snuck treats while mom and dad weren't looking, she got to eat as much as she wanted. We learned quickly that we had to keep our eyes on her, so she wouldn't eat every piece of candy in the entire place! And Taylor, oh what a little doll. She is just content going with the flow and along for the ride!
On Halloween day, we got to attend a baptism of the daughter of some of our really good friends. Then we spent the rest of the day up in Logan, hanging out with Jason and LeAnne and their family. Kaiya and Tay had fun playing with their cousins and enjoying the BEAUTIFUL fall day! We got lucky after all the cold rain and snow this past week! Kaiya really loves her cousins! She has a special love for her boy cousins, because I think it's something she doesn't get here at her own house. She loves to hold hands with Jake, to give hugs to Zack, and to smile and laugh with Ry. It is quite cute, and they are all so good to her and so sweet! Ella is a lucky girl to have all those doting boys around! And she talks about Ella all the time. I think she has actually even named some of her dolls after Ella! Sometimes she is shy and still learning how to SHARE, but I know those two will be great friends!
Dirt and a bloody nose...and yet she can still look this cute!
the result of some serious trampoline time
this is how kaiya gives hug -- we call them "head hugs" because she only uses her noggin!
We got all the kids in their cute outfits and tried to get some pictures, but of course it never works when you want the kids to be good for pictures! Kaiya threw a royal tantrum because we asked her to smile. Hmmm, that's a logical reason to be so upset...ha, ha! What a funny girl. We got her calmed down enough to get a few smiles out of her with candy bribes -- whatever works, right?! Can you have a group of cuter kiddies?!
that is one soft hug!
another fit for some reason! luckily they don't last too long!
could you just eat those cheeks?! seriously!
i hardly had to work for these poses -- they were so in character!
Something set Kai off -- look at those hands hiding the tears!
But now she's ok again!
After pictures I laid Tay down for a minute to go take care of Kai and when I came back, this is what I found! Poor thing, it's a lot of work being so cute! Apparently all that soft cushion in her outfit made for a comfy bed!
Then we were off to trick or treat. It was a whole new experience this year with Kaiya! It was sooo fun! She actually got into this year and kinda knew what was happening! She would walk and hold my hand until we got up close to the door, and then she would take off and literally RUN to the doorstep, knowing that she was about to get some more of the good stuff. It was quite funny! She was such a good girl and I think really had fun this year. Tay stayed warm walking with daddy and smiling at everyone!
these two were the cutest things, shimmying around in all that tulle!
So, it was a very fun Halloween for my two little ladybugs!
8 Comments:
These are the most hilarious and darling pictures of the kids. The little ladybugs are so darn cute--especially Taylor and her cubber cheeks and wide eyed look. Kaiya looks like she got into it admidst her little cry fits--which is so funny how quickly she can turn it on and off. I love all the chocolate drool!!
Your ladybugs are so adorable! I love Kaiya's tutu on her ladybug outfit, so so cute!
Those are some cute ladybugs! I love the picture of Taylor on asleep on the floor, priceless.
I love all the pictures....sooo cute! I love, love, love Taylor's costume, the way her cheeks squished through the opening where her face is!! You just want to eat her!! Kaiya's costume was well worth the wait too...soo pretty! Such a fun Halloween!
their costumes turned out soo cute!
Glad you all had fun :)
CUte cute cute! Looks like a very fun halloween!
Cute.
Your pictures of Taylor asleep on the carpet are perfection.
Love the costumes. Cute, cute.
Happy late Halloween! The girls look adorable.
Post a Comment
<< Home