LOTOJA!
This past weekend we got to head out to BEAUTIFUL Jackson Hole so that Chris could participate in the huge bike race, the LOTOJA!
He joined a team with my brother, Jason, and a couple other guys and they all did AMAZING! It was Chris' first time competing in the race and he didn't get in too much training, which made me even more impressed with how well he did!
They started the race in Logan and then relayed the 200 miles to Jackson. Chris took the last leg, which was about 50 miles (I think I would drop dead after about 2) and in my opinion, the most beautiful part of the ride. Unfortunately it was a pretty good uphill climb, but wound around through the mountains, following the Snake River the whole way. It was gorgeous! I tried to follow Chris in the car and made some stops so I could cheer him on as he passed by. He got to finish the race as the sun was setting, which made it even more pretty. Anyway, I was soooo proud!! (I am allowed, I'm his wife, remember!)
And I was so proud of my brother, as well!
It was really fun to follow the guys around all day with my SIL, LeAnne. We got in lots of good chatting time and got to enjoy the beautiful trip, riding comfortably in the CAR! We are hearing that the boys have aspirations to ride the entire race individually next year, which will be soooo cool! I'm excited to make this a yearly trip!
After the bike race was over (which took all day long), we decided to enjoy a little bit of Jackson, since I had never been. We enjoyed a delicious dinner (thanks, Jay) with the rest of the team that night, and then the boys literally CRASHED! The next day we went to a really delicious local restaurant for breakfast and walked around through the shops in Jackson. It is such a cool place -- we loved it! Then Chris and I went out to do some hiking around, considering Jackson is one of the prettiest places here in the west! It was just GORGEOUS and we had a great time together.
We decided to leave the kids overnight with a good friend and I am soooo glad we did. We missed the heck out of them, but it was so nice having a little trip just the two of us. We haven't had that since I can remember!
And it would have been a miserably LONG day for all of us if they had had to follow the bike race around. The couple that watched the girls said they did wonderful and had so much fun, so it really helped to ease my worries! And our reunion with both of them was sooo sweet!
It was a great weekend and again, I am sooo proud of my honey! He did so well! The whole team did! Congrats, you guys, on a great race!
After the bike race was over (which took all day long), we decided to enjoy a little bit of Jackson, since I had never been. We enjoyed a delicious dinner (thanks, Jay) with the rest of the team that night, and then the boys literally CRASHED! The next day we went to a really delicious local restaurant for breakfast and walked around through the shops in Jackson. It is such a cool place -- we loved it! Then Chris and I went out to do some hiking around, considering Jackson is one of the prettiest places here in the west! It was just GORGEOUS and we had a great time together.
It was a great weekend and again, I am sooo proud of my honey! He did so well! The whole team did! Congrats, you guys, on a great race!





6 Comments:
A HUGE congratulations to you Chris. I can't imagine being able to bike 50 miles even on flat surface. Good for you. It does look like a beautiful place and a fun weekend.
I love Jackson, isn't it amazing! Looks like you had a great time. COngrats Chris!
What an accomplishment. Mitchell and Jared have plans to bike the Oregon coast next summer from the top of Oregon to the bottom. It should be a fun adventure for them. How fun to have a night without the girls. It is a great rejuvination that every Mom needs.
that is outstandingly impressive that the guys did it! Sounds like a great weekend all around :)
My friends husband does the whole race himself every year- I can't even imagine. It looks like it was beautiful
Way to go Chris! That is awesome. I was reading about the race on their website and Jamie told me you did it. If you decide to race as a team next year and need another player - let me know I would love to do it!
Post a Comment
<< Home