RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: A good day!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A good day!

Well, on Friday, I hit the big 3-1. Well, actually, there's not much big about being 31, but yes, I am a year older! Chris made the nice comment about how I was now NINE years closer to being 40. To which I gladly replied that he was FIVE years closer to being 40! I will always be younger than him!! Hehe!

Anyway, I had a FANTASTIC few days and felt very spoiled and very grateful! I kicked it off with a wonderful night out with my sis -- we got pedicures and she treated me to a yummy dinner and fried ice cream! It seems that these kinds of nights are rare for my sis and I with our busy kids, so it was a really, really special treat! I loved every minute of uninterrupted talking and laughing and am so grateful to have such an awesome big sis! Thanks so much, Britt!

Chris politely left my present all boxed up and taunting me for several days, which I did not think was very nice, but I was a good girl and did not peek! He was home early from work on Friday and so we were able to spend most of the day together which was wonderful! We went up to Logan where my brother and sis-in-law kindly took the girls so we could go out. We went to the BEST, BEST restaurant (Hamilton's) and splurged on a delish dinner and peaches fosters. Oh my heavens, if you are every up that way, you MUST go to this restaurant and you MUST get their fosters dessert (with whatever fruit they have in season). It was to die for, but what was most to die for was being able to spend the evening with my honey. He always is sooo good at making my bday special and he did not disappoint this year. It's so nice to go out and feel like you're dating again and just BE together. It was my most favorite part of the day! We went and spent some time with Jason and LeAnne and then came home to put our tired girls to bed! Thanks sooo much, J & L for giving us a night out! I got the most beautiful flowers and cards from my guy and girls and got an AMAZING camera lens that I have been coveting for years! I am soooo excited to go out and try it out!! Really, Chris, you always pick the BEST gifts and I am always surprised at how much you really are listening when I mention things that I would love to have. VERY good, job, honey! LOVE YOU!!!

And finally, a big huge thanks to everyone who sent emails and texts and called. I am horrible at remembering bdays and so I am always shocked and humbled and grateful when so many of my friends and family members remember me. I had old high school and college friends, new friends and old send me bday wishes -- how cool is that?! And I got to have a really nice, long talk with my parents which was one of my favorite parts of the day! It really, really means a lot to me and honestly, that is what makes a bday so special for me. I have some of the best friends and family that a girl could ever wish for and I want you all to know that I am GRATEFUL for each of you. Thank you for making my day special!

And one of my favorite thoughts from my day this year: Last year on my bday, I was in Chicago with Ash and Britt and I was PREGNANT and didn't have any idea! Little did I know that in just a few short weeks, I was about to experience one of the most exciting miracles I ever had! Sooo cool to think back on that!

(And how lame is it that I didn't take ANY pictures from today. Grrrr, I'm really mad at myself for that! Oh well, there's always next year!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I thought about that a few times on Friday... How fun it is that we were having such a great time there and had no idea what was just around the corner... Love that! Glad you had a great day. I hope there is a day over the next couple weeks where we could meet up halfway and I can take you to dinner... Maybe just us, oh that sounds so fun, it's been since CHicago I think!! It's time. Let me know if there's a night that works for you!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

What a special birthday. I can't wait to see your pictures with your amazing new camera lens. Happy Birthday by the way!!!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Sounds like you had a perfect birthday. So glad we got to talk and see the cutie pies last night.

9:19 AM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so sad that I missed you on Wednesday. My mom said she got to talk to you for a minute. The BE fair is crazy!!

Hamilton's is who we had cater our 10 year HS reunion... it is delicious!

Sounds like you had a great day!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones