Lucky number SEVEN!
Well, today we celebrate seven and I sure am LUCKY! Yep, on this day, August 9th, seven lovely years ago, I married the man of my dreams! But even I couldn't have dreamed up someone as amazing as Chris! So, yeah, I pretty much feel like the luckiest girl alive! (Isn't that how it's supposed to feel when you're married?!)
I still don't understand why or how I got a man like Chris, but I do know that I am grateful EVERY single day to be married to this guy forever. There is not a soul on this earth that could be more perfectly suited for me than Chris is. He is everything that I want to be and fills in where all my weaknesses leave me short. He has spent seven years taking care of me in every way possible -- working so hard every day to provide such a good life for us, taking time to take care of me when I've been sick, holding me when I've been sad, making me laugh literally every single day of our marriage, being an example to me of all that is good, being my complete protection and keeping me safe, lettting me love him so freely without me ever having to worry about being able to trust him completely with my heart, and most of all, loving ME completely amidst all my shortcomings. And on top of all that he is to ME, he is even more to my girls and that makes me love him even more. He is the BEST father and husband I could have ever hoped for! I know he is more than I could ever deserve and for that, I will be eternally grateful. Chris, I LOVE YOU with all my heart. Happy Anniversary, baby!
To celebrate, we were lucky enough to have Chris' brother and his wife take our kids for a nice, LONG date yesterday! It was heavenly!! I love my girls to death, but I soooo miss my alone time with Chris! So, this was especially nice! We left in the afternoon and hiked to the falls where Chris proposed to me. It was the PERFECT day for hiking. The weather was so nice and cool and the scenery was as breath-taking as it always is!
And the wild-flowers were so gorgeous!
We held hands (so nice, considering our hands are usually full of all things kids!), we talked and talked, and laughed and even commented a couple of times how we felt like we were newlyweds again! It was so great! The falls were gorgeous and we spent a lot of time just taking it all in and being cheesy in love!
We hiked back down, changed clothes, and then headed to my favorite restaurant (Magleby's) for dinner. The food was DELISH, as always, and we finished it off with their GINORMOUS chocolate cake and ice cream with raspberry sauce! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Then we exchanged gifts (we both did EXCELLENT this year, if I do say so myself) and it was time to head home! But, even the drive home was wonderful, being able to talk uninterrupted! It was honestly the most perfect date I have been on in a VERY long time! And I am sooo happy that I got to spend it with the hottest, funniest, sweetest guy on the planet!
Happy Anniversary, Chris!
And THANKS, John and Beth, for watching our kids!!





9 Comments:
Why are you that skinny already?
How sweet! We are at 7 years as well, the best 7 years of my life. Congrats on everything!
happy anniversary guys! we love you!!
Hey you two, sounds like you had a very relaxing and fun anniversary together. You do make a PERFECT couple.
Congrats! Your anniversary always reminds me of giving birth to my sweet Savannah just the day after. I was so sad to miss your wedding but I was ready to POP! And- never stop going on dates without the kids- it is good for the soul:)
Happy anniversary! What a fun day, hiking and yummy food. I love it!
I love anniversaries!! Ours is coming up in October and I am soooo excited for it! There is nothing quite like spending time with your husband and just your husband....I think that is my favorite pass time! I am glad you guys got away for a little while and spent some time together minus the girls'!
Happy Anniversary!
How did I miss this post? I agree with Tabitha, you are skinny, always have been but wow you look great! Where is that waterfall at? It is absolutely beautiful and I love the scenery.
Post a Comment
<< Home