Like family
I have been so lucky this week to have my dear friend, Jamie, in town from California and I have been able to spend a lot of time with her! We got together earlier in the week at my sisters and our kids were all able to play and we were able to find a little bit of talk time in between! It was so nice!
Then last night we had a girls night out with Jamie, my sister, and our good friend Katie. No kids, just TONS and TONS of talking! You forget what it's like to have an uninterrupted conversation sometimes, and it was so nice that we kept our conversation going for about 5 hours (even lingering for about an hour in the parking lot after the restaurant employees kept giving us the stink eye and the place was completely cleared out)! It was such a fun night! We laughed SOOOO hard and talked SOOOO much and I came home very tired, but very grateful to have such great friends. These girls are like family to me (well, and my sister IS family -- hehe), I've known them for so long (pretty much the majority of my life). We all grew up in the same town in California and have stayed friends for over 20 years now! That gives us a lot to talk about and catch up on and I'm so glad we got the opportunity! And thanks to our hubbies for taking all the kids and giving us a night out! Love you girls!
me, Britt, Katie, Jamie. (Britt and Katie are both having babies within a month of each other!)





5 Comments:
Looks like you 4 had a wonderful evening together. And , yes it is pretty amazing that you are all so close. And not that I am prejudice, but I have never seen 4 more GORGEOUS women!!!
So fun Kar! What a lucky girl you are to have such great friends for the past 20 years! Glad you had a fun night... p.s the fried green tomatoes were a hit, you should try the recipe!
I LOVED it too!!!! And to think we only scratched the surface of all the things we could have talked about!
SO fun- wish we could do it once a month!
I was so sad that I didn't get to come, but girls camp was pretty fun too! A girls night out on the town is always so refreshing :)
Post a Comment
<< Home