Ahhhh, the weekend!
Does anyone else just LIVE for the weekends? It used to be that I lived for weekends because I had the time off work. But now I live for weekends because Chris has the time off work! It is always so nice to have him around!
We had a great weekend! We got to meet up with Ry and Ash and their kids and rather than fight the disaster that is restaurants these days with our kids, we decided it would be much more fun and relaxing to meet at a park! What a GREAT idea! We had such a fun time! We rolled out the blankets, ate delicious picnic food, the guys got in some bball and tennis, the kids ran around like mad and played so well together, and Ash and I got to sit and talk and talk! It was like the good ole days that we miss so much when we lived right next door! Makes us cherish these get-togethers a whole lot more, though!
I could just eat Trev up! He changes so much every time we see him!
And Ryley is just the PERFECT helper and friend for Kaiya and her brother. What a sweet, sweet girl!
And she is a baby lover...hint, hint, Ash!
Kaiya had an accident...
with a strawberry. Well, actually about 30 strawberries. In fact the only time I saw much of her all night was when she was coming back for more strawberries! Oh man, she chowed. And then gave herself a strawberry lotion scrub. All over her legs and arms. EVERYWHERE!! Ahhh, to be a kid again!

The rest of the weekend was spent together as a family, hitting up Pizza Factory for some grub and to let Kaiya go nuts with all the fun games. Afterwards, we got the kiddies in bed and Chris and I were able to snuggle up together to watch a movie -- CHERISHED, quiet moments just he and I, that are very rare these days!
Next day, wonderful day at church, follwed by a very short nap (if you can call it that), delicious dinner, and then a walk which ended in a little spontaneous neighborhood party -- lots of playing and talking with some great neighbors!
I'm always sad to see the weekends end, but at least I know they will always be back!





5 Comments:
we loved seeing you guys! Hopefully we can pull bear lake off.. it would be so fun!!
You guys look alike. You could be family. The kids are adorable!
Weekends are fun. It is so fun having a friend that you can just sit outside and talk with while the kids lay. I had one that lived across the street, and she moved away. Now I need to find another. :) You do look like you could be sisters in your pic and your hubbies also look alike. Ashley's hubby look very familiar...huh.
I'm glad you had a good time. You look beautiful. Kaiya is getting so big!
Sounds like a fun and relaxing time at the park and other good choices during the weekend. Summer is such mellow and easy time to do the simple things. Love the strawberry shortcake! She is getting so big. Ry, Ash and their kids are so cute.
Post a Comment
<< Home