RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: My guy

Saturday, June 20, 2009

My guy

My guy. I love him more than I could ever, ever say. I don't mean to make this too cheesy and oozing of love, but seriously, how did I find someone like this?!
This is a special weekend for my boy. We get to shower him with love and appreciation for Father's Day and then the very next day, it is his birthday on the 22nd!! He deserves EVERY bit of celebration, that's for sure!
First, he is an incredible father! The kind of guy that you grow up dreaming of, not just because they will be the most perfect husband for you, but also because they will be the most perfect father for your children. And somehow, Chris has far surpassed even those dreams I had growing up. You have never met a more involved father, who gets into every inch of the good and bad of parenthood, from dirty diapers to spit up to middle of the night feedings to snot noses! And never a complaint. And he gets down and rolls around and laughs and can be silly with the girls the way I only wish I could! He takes time to enjoy every moment he gets with his girls and has a special way of making them feel like they have every ounce of his attention when he is around. They ADORE him. And that makes me adore him even more! Being the father to two girls can be somewhat foreign to him at times. Like when he went to give Taylor her first bath in the nursery at the hospital and they pulled out a boxes of bows and asked him to choose one for her. He said it was one of the hardest decisions he had ever had to make :) But nothing is cuter than when Chris dresses Kaiya, and nothing matches, but she looks cuter than she ever has because DADDY did it. It's those moments when I know I have found the best father for my girls! And I feel blessed beyond belief for what I have. Chris is a special soul. He is humble, he is kind, he is the funniest person I know, he is smart and talented in sooo many ways, and he knows how to love me perfectly. He gets me and loves me amidst all my many flaws, even though mine far outweigh his! It is one thing to be able to love your spouse as much as I love Chris, but it is also a real blessing to be able to trust them and respect them and admire them as much as I do. That is because of the kind of person that he is. That rare type of person who is just naturally GOOD, without having to try, naturally kind without having to work at it, and naturally amazing without even being aware of it. He will hate that I am posting this, but I think his birthday warrants me being able to spill some of the things I love about him! But mostly, I just LOVE him, plain and simple. There is not a single person I could ever imagine being this happy with and I'm so grateful that I get to be with him forever!
Chris, I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day and that your birthday brings you the happiness you are sooo deserving of. We all love you sooo much!!

And thanks to our friends and family who were able to join us in a little party to celebrate! Chris had a great time! Yes, I had my camera, but no, I did not take any pictures -- totally forgot! DARN!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

Very sweet. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first picture.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

I would second those commendations about Chris. I love how he treats HIS GIRLS. And it's not the least bit evident how much you all ADORE him.

6:41 AM  
Blogger The Bastian's said...

Happy Birthday Chris! I love you!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones