All is "quiet"
Oh my...
What a weekend.
It is Sunday afternoon and it is quiet.
What a weekend.
It is Sunday afternoon and it is quiet.
Chris is asleep (poor guy REALLY needed a nap.)
Kaiya is asleep.
Taylor is asleep.
I should be asleep, but right now I am enjoying the quiet way too much! And I just took the longest shower known to mankind and it was HEAVEN. Ahhh!
So, as I mentioned before, Kaiya came down with a stomach bug on Thursday evening. She has NEVER thrown up before, so with that first upheaval, I prepared myself for what I knew would be a long night. I don't do well with throw-up, let me just say -- I mean, really who does?! So, needless to say as I sat there with Taylor attached to me and saw Kaiya losing her lunch right at my feet, I thought oh boy, here we go! That was an understatement. I honestly think that Kaiya saved up two years worth of yuck for this weekend. And it ALL came out! The poor, poor munchkin probably threw up about 20 times, NO EXAGGERATION. She was so, so sick. And she was so scared of it, as little kids often are. So, with each throw up, she screamed for about 20 minutes before and after. Chris put on his "saint of the century" hat AGAIN and quarantined Taylor and I into our bedroom for the weekend, trying to keep Tay from getting it, while he stayed out in the living room and took care of Kaiya. Though I went into mommy panic mode from the bedroom every time I heard my little Bear having another puke, Chris was the one who REALLY dealt with it by cleaning it up and helping her through it. Seriously, he needs an award. He was a lifesaver. We hoped and hoped that little Tay would not get it.
But she did. Luckily it has not been nearly as bad as it was for Kaiya, but newborns can definitely throw up, in case you were wondering. Projectile, in case you were wondering. And since they only eat one thing, you know exactly what it is and it's not pleasant! She has had a rough few days as well, but she seems to be staying hydrated and we're watching her closely. And most importantly, she and Kaiya have both received blessings from their daddy, so we know they will be ok. Seriously, can this little, tiny, sweet girl go through ANYTHING else in the first two weeks of her life?! Talk about feeling horribly helpless as a mom. It's frustrating, too, because this has really thrown her off as far as eating and sleeping goes. She now will only eat maybe 5 or 6 minutes and then she becomes very aggitated and fussy and will fall asleep and then want to eat again a half hour later. So, I know this isn't good for her and it is REALLY hard for me to keep up with that kind of schedule. I'm exhausted. She is in obvious discomfort. And we all are ready for this weekend to be over!
BUT, in saying all of that, I can honestly say I have never been so grateful to see little Kaiya throwing things again (remember, that is her favorite thing to do all day every day). She hasn't been doing much of that the last few days, but today she seems to be so much back to herself and it is WONDERFUL! She is throwing balls, throwing binkis, throwing toys, and even throwing some fits and to see her with renewed energy and personality again is making me pretty happy!
Kaiya is asleep.
Taylor is asleep.
I should be asleep, but right now I am enjoying the quiet way too much! And I just took the longest shower known to mankind and it was HEAVEN. Ahhh!
So, as I mentioned before, Kaiya came down with a stomach bug on Thursday evening. She has NEVER thrown up before, so with that first upheaval, I prepared myself for what I knew would be a long night. I don't do well with throw-up, let me just say -- I mean, really who does?! So, needless to say as I sat there with Taylor attached to me and saw Kaiya losing her lunch right at my feet, I thought oh boy, here we go! That was an understatement. I honestly think that Kaiya saved up two years worth of yuck for this weekend. And it ALL came out! The poor, poor munchkin probably threw up about 20 times, NO EXAGGERATION. She was so, so sick. And she was so scared of it, as little kids often are. So, with each throw up, she screamed for about 20 minutes before and after. Chris put on his "saint of the century" hat AGAIN and quarantined Taylor and I into our bedroom for the weekend, trying to keep Tay from getting it, while he stayed out in the living room and took care of Kaiya. Though I went into mommy panic mode from the bedroom every time I heard my little Bear having another puke, Chris was the one who REALLY dealt with it by cleaning it up and helping her through it. Seriously, he needs an award. He was a lifesaver. We hoped and hoped that little Tay would not get it.
But she did. Luckily it has not been nearly as bad as it was for Kaiya, but newborns can definitely throw up, in case you were wondering. Projectile, in case you were wondering. And since they only eat one thing, you know exactly what it is and it's not pleasant! She has had a rough few days as well, but she seems to be staying hydrated and we're watching her closely. And most importantly, she and Kaiya have both received blessings from their daddy, so we know they will be ok. Seriously, can this little, tiny, sweet girl go through ANYTHING else in the first two weeks of her life?! Talk about feeling horribly helpless as a mom. It's frustrating, too, because this has really thrown her off as far as eating and sleeping goes. She now will only eat maybe 5 or 6 minutes and then she becomes very aggitated and fussy and will fall asleep and then want to eat again a half hour later. So, I know this isn't good for her and it is REALLY hard for me to keep up with that kind of schedule. I'm exhausted. She is in obvious discomfort. And we all are ready for this weekend to be over!
BUT, in saying all of that, I can honestly say I have never been so grateful to see little Kaiya throwing things again (remember, that is her favorite thing to do all day every day). She hasn't been doing much of that the last few days, but today she seems to be so much back to herself and it is WONDERFUL! She is throwing balls, throwing binkis, throwing toys, and even throwing some fits and to see her with renewed energy and personality again is making me pretty happy!
(by the way, she did this all on her own -- just came walking out with daddy's hat on just like this. funny girl, with some funky style!)
(doing lots of sleeping on her belly seems to make her feel a bit better!)





6 Comments:
Awww, that stinks! Hope everyone is on the mend! Your girls are SO cute!
Solomon exclusively sleeps on his tummy.
Oh Kar, sorry that exactly what you didn't want to happen, happened? Hopefully it goes away quickly and doesn't become too bad for little Tay. And I am glad to hear Kaiya is doing better. As much as their normal behavior may not always be appealing, it is great to see it after they've been sick! YOU better some rest too!! Good luck and I hope you and chris DON"T get it!
Your pictures are so cute! I love when they curl up their legs and their little bottom sticks up. I am so sorry you have had sickness in your home. Three days after Ashley, my second, was born Mitchell and I came down with Food poisioning. That was NOT fun. We spent the night in the emergency room.
oh Karli, I am so so SORRY! I feel just HORRIBLE! I hope those little angels are doing better soon! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!
Could any 2 girls be cutier?? Kaiya has such a unique personality --especially wearing daddy's hat. Taylor is the most precious curled up on her tummy. They don't deserve the "bug". RATS
Aww man - Tay couldn't escape it, huh? I am glad Kaiya is feeling better, though, and at least you and Chris didn't get it! It was great to talk to you (even if it was a little chaotic) and seriously call ANY time with questions!
Post a Comment
<< Home