What a gal!
Some little things that I want to remember about my Kaiya-bear at this age (life has been so busy lately that I don't feel like I've been as good at writing these things down!):
She is very communicative around us, but around other people, of course she acts like she doesn't know how to talk! She has learned to do the shy act, which means when most people look at her, her head goes down and she will only look out of the corners of her eyes.
I don't think she is really all that shy, I guess you just have to catch her in the right mood!
She still really loves "Signing Time" and I am finding that she knows so many more signs than I do and she will be signing something over and over and I have no idea what she is trying to say! Guess I need to watch the videos a few more times!
She loves prayer time. She folds her arms (for a few seconds, anyway) and always says her "amens". Only problem is that she doesn't say "amen", she says "aboo". Not sure where that came from, but she has been saying "amen" that way for months now! Weird!
She is very good at being polite. When you give her something or help her with something, she says, "Thank you" AND "welcome". She hasn't quite figured out that you use those two phrases at different times! She also says this when she does something for you -- like when she brings you a binky for Taylor, she says, "thank you, welcome". It is pretty cute!
She is obsessed with shoes. She wants to hold a pair of shoes while you are changing her and she will not leave her room without her shoes on. More specifically, she is really obsessed with these cheap, Wal-mart generic Crocs. Don't know why, but she wants to wear them ALL the time! I have to hide them if I want to put different shoes on her!
Kaiya has always loved stuffed animals. When she goes to bed at night, she is sure to tell us who needs to join her in the crib. "Bear, bear" or "foo-foo" (which is what she calls all rabbits), or "moooo" (cow). She carries them around all over the house, usually about 5 or 6 in her arms at a time. It's a good thing they are washable!
Kaiya LOVES ice cream. Not all that unusual, I guess, but is it bad that when we drive by McDonald's, she starts saying "ice cream" over and over again? That's usually where daddy takes her for ice cream treats and she knows the arches! She has an ABC book that has a picture of ice cream for the letter "I", and she opens up to that page at least 10 times a day to look at the ice cream! Yikes, we better tame that obsession down a bit!
She loves giving knuckles (or bones, as daddy calls them) and fives. She will seriously pass those out to anyone and everyone. She won't talk, and puts on her shy act with most people, but even still, she will always give bones. She also does this funny throw-back of her head and goes "ahh" when she gives them.
She is such a sweet and sensitive spirit. She loves to give kisses and hugs or to blow kisses when she's feeling shy. She will sometimes just walk up to us and put her head on our laps or our shoulders for no reason other than to give some love, and then she is on her way again to play. She also loves to put her head on our shoulders and pat us on the back. She also says "I love you, daddy" and "I love you, mommy" and now "I love you, Tay Tay". But she says "I love you" by going "wooo-oooo". It melts us!
She has started jumping and I have to say, little kids learning to jump has always been one of my favorite things. They don't really leave the ground but they concentrate so hard and throw their arms up in the air like they have just cleared the high jump! Kaiya could jump all day long and it is pretty cute!
While Kaiya is definitely showing signs of nearing the two's (tantrums, tantrums, tantrums),
she also has a smile that could put the sun to shame
and more love in that little tiny body than most people will ever have. She is such a sweet big sister and a dream daughter (well, most of the time), and with every stage she goes through, we continue to know more and more what the love of a parent truly is all about. Love you, Kai-bear!





6 Comments:
That was such a special tribute to your little Kaiya. What a beauty she is. We are so excited about your adventures as new parents.
What a fun little update! Your girls are darling!
That is very sweet. I absolutely loved it when my girls were that age!!!
Lindsay was a thrower. When Ashley was 2 weeks old (she was a month early so she weighed like 5 lbs at the time) Lindsay came into the house with a golf ball and threw it at her. It hit Ashley in the chest. Luckily she was such a good and strong willed baby that she did not cry much, but it was pretty scary for a couple of minutes.
Your post melted our hearts. Kaiya has always held a special spot deep down as she has filled your lives with such joy. The many times we spent with Kaiya those first 6 months have endeared her to us forever. She is the sweetest little spirit, even when she is struggling to make this new life feel right.
Your post melted our hearts. Kaiya has always held a special spot deep down as she has filled your lives with such joy. The many times we spent with Kaiya those first 6 months have endeared her to us forever. She is the sweetest little spirit, even when she is struggling to make this new life feel right.
Oh got to love the almost 2 year old fit throwing! We have loved seeing Kaiya so much lately! Ella really loves being around the 2 girls I can't wait till you are in Logan and they can hang out more!
Post a Comment
<< Home