Happy Two's!
Ok, so this has been a CRAZY fun few weeks so bear with me as the next several posts are me finally getting caught up!
Starting off with Kai's second birthday! We had such a fun weekend with our girl and I hope she had a wonderful birthday! I know WE had fun watching HER have so much fun, so hopefully she felt the same way! We started off by celebrating on Friday by going bowling. Kaiya had never been, so we were hoping it would be a hit and oh man, was it ever! She LOVED it! We played some video games to start off and then headed over to the lanes. Kaiya loves balls and throwing, so this was right up her alley -- no pun intended! She pushed the ball, kicked the ball, and even tried to follow the ball down the alley. But when she slipped and fell trying to chase the ball, that was the end of that! But her most favorite part of bowling was watching the balls as they got spit back out of the ball dispenser! She would bowl her ball and not even wait for it to get down the lane, then take off to run over and wait for it to come out. She was squealing and laughing and just had a blast! And to make the night even more fun, we got to have Jess there with her boyfriend and sister, which was really special! I'm so glad they could celebrate with us! As I watched Jess and Kaiya playing together, I thought, what a blessing that Kaiya has sooo many people to love her! Our family and Jess and her family!
After bowling, we came back and opened presents with Kaiya's cousins and had a yummy cake that looked like a fish (since she is so obsessed with animals)! Thanks to my SIL, Beth, for her help with the cake! She was a master froster! I think it turned out pretty ok and Kaiya loved it, which is all that matters! She devoured that thing with no hands, after picking eating all the M&M's off the top first! Funny girl!

Then today, we got to have my side of the family over for a little birthday dinner get-together. We had a delicious meal and lots of fun talking and letting the cousins all play together. As an added treat, my Grandma Thurgood happened to be in town and she came up to celebrate with my aunt Jerilyn. It was sooooo great to see them both! We haven't seen them since my parents left on their mission, so it was really great to have them here! Again, Kaiya devoured her cupcake with no hands and was on a sugar high for the rest of the night. But that's what birthday's are all about!!
We are so grateful for all of our friends and family who celebrated this special day with our Ya-ya! And of course, we are the MOST grateful for this little ray of sunshine who lights up our lives! Happy second birthday, bear!





5 Comments:
Now first of all Karli, how in the world did you get this posted so quickly. I don't think the last round of guests had even gotten home. That 2 year old had quite the "weekend" of birthday parties. Such darling pictures. Thanks soooooooooo very much for including us.
we were so glad to be there. it was such a fun evening. the food and dessert was all soo delicious! I hope the house wasn't too big of a disaster when we left!!
What fun parties. Bowling is so much fun especially with little ones. I love using the bumpers and the ball roller helper thing too. Love the cake, so cute!
Totally belated congrats!(Although I know Dean did represent for the fam it's no excuse) Wow. What can I say, Taylor is absolutely adorable,Karli you look amazing and I can't believe Kai is 2. That brings back memories of you guys in Cali just a few weeks before she was born and what an exciting time it was. How much life has changed hasn't it? Fun to flip through and see what you've been up to this summer. So glad to hear Taylor is doing well, you had me crying reading your post of her first few days home.Thanks a lot. :) We love and miss you guys lots.-Jeanette
Happy Birthday Ya-Ya!! Wow, that happened fast....turning two and all. You look beautiful Kar!
Post a Comment
<< Home