RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Wheelin'

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wheelin'

We had such a FUN weekend! Chris got home early from work on Friday, and we were off! We had to make a stop on the way because both girls had doctor's appts. to get their shots (still sooo sad -- you never get used to it!) and it was nice to have Chris' help this time!

Then we headed down south to see Jessika and her family! We got there and after having some fun visiting time, Kaiya throwing rocks and playing with their dog and cats and new kittens, we had a delicious steak dinner! Kaiya was seriously in heaven out there! She loved the kittens (maybe a little too much!), loved all the fun things there were to do out there, loved all the attention she got, and was just so content. And Tay, well, she's happy wherever she is! The kids were both so tired and Tay not feeling so well from her vaccinations, so we got them to bed and then spent the rest of the night (um, yeah, until about 2:00 a.m.!) sitting out under the stars by their fire-pit, just talking and catching up and laughing and even some crying! It was just such a perfect, fun day with them! It's hard to explain the amazing relationship we have with their family, but it's something that we are so grateful for and feel so blessed to have!

The next day, we woke up and had a yummy breakfast and then headed out on the 4-wheelers. Kaiya got to have lots of rides with all of us and she LOVED it! Every time we would pull back into the house, she would say "again, again"! She was having so much fun!
After some rides with her, we went on the most incredibly beautiful ride!! I seriously could have stopped every 5 minutes to take pictures (and kind-of did). I just could not believe how vibrant and bright the colors of the trees were! I can't even describe it -- I seriously haven't been that up close to such incredible changing trees! It was so fun and so relaxing! I could have stayed out there all day! Jess was so sweet to watch the girls while we were out and hopefully she had fun spending some time with them too! We were so sad to have to leave, but sooo grateful for the awesome weekend we had and the perfect hosts that Jess and her family were for us. Seriously, I can't even begin to talk about what GOOD, kind people they are, but suffice it to say, we love them and could not be more thankful for the circumstances that brought us all together.

Thanks soooo much, you guys, for such a perfect weekend!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I love 4 wheeling! I haven't been in a couple of years and I'm missing it. What a beautiful fall day for sure.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Asplund Family said...

Sounds like an AWESOME weekend! You are getting really good at taking pictures. They were beautiful!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Asplund Family said...

Ummm... helmets, hello!! I thought I raised you better than that. :) -Jay

8:51 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Wow Kar,those are such beautiful pictures. The colors are so vibrant! Looks like a wonderful time to be in those mountains wheelin'

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones